View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #658
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tour complaints -- brokers, scalping, etc. (merged)

Before I go writing or calling Ticketmaster and the ATT center in San Antonio I thought I'd see if any of you guys had any thoughts on this.....

Tickets for recent Tool show in San Antonio went on sale exactly at 10am several weeks ago (I don't remember the exact date and it's not important). I logged into the venue's website exactly at 10am the first day of sale. I put in the required info for the site to find 6 tickets best seats available. It generated seats at half court mid way up. I thought what the hell??? I am on at the exact moment these tickets are going on sale and these are the best available??? Bought them anyway. A friend of mine needed 4 tickets but had no internet connection at the time. So, at 10:15 am I went through the same routine on the venue's website look for 4 best available seats. It found some way up in the balcony near the last row.

So, this would make one would assume that in 15 minutes the venue nearly sold out to the point that only cheap nose bleed seats were available.

Was there a pre-sale? Surely, they don't block off that many tickets for the online ticket brokers do they? Anyone else have this experience or an explanation? Thanks....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote