View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/30 - Grenoble, FRA - Summum Theater

OOOOK,

lemme just say, i'm sorry i have been so flaky to write a reveiw, especially because i have a lot to say,... :D

first off, i'm originally from the U.S. but i've been livin in france for the past two years,...as an american, i have seen many tool shows in the U.S., all of which i enjoyed thoroughly. my ONLY complaint about this show was that, as an "experience" it was no where near the calibur of a U.S. show. i was disappointed by the visuals this time around for seriousness.

the lateralus tour shows i went to, (of which there were many) were so amazing visually, and i was lucky enough to see the gig where they had the ppl from the video on stage, and at another show they rocked it out with meshuggah, it was kick ass. this show in particular was AWESOME if you were going to experience a TOOL show, specifically to experience the band, and the music, however, for me, the visual experience was a bit of a drag.

now, for everyone BITCHING about this show, get over yourselves, i mean come on!! when i got inside and saw that it was an all metal interior, i got bummed cause here i thought, oh the sound will be tinny, and saturated, the acoustics will suck, not only was it metal, but the roof was flat as well. during rosetta stoned in the beginning, the bass was too high, that i agree with, and maynard douched up the end of the song, but as far as i am concerned, for a metal warehouse type venue, the sound was kick ass.

ALSO, i am used to seein TOOL in HUGE venues back home, this place was TINY, i can't believe no one has mentioned it, no matter where you were, basically, you had a good spot. i have never been in such a small venue, and to be in one with TOOL right in front of me was amazing. i was in the center section about 7 rows back. I have to give credit to the French TOOL fans as well, they were really rockin out and showin love to TOOL, it was cool to see.

another thing is, i can not get over the difference in security here compared to in the U.S., i was expecting metal detectors and wands and blah blah blah, no, a few taps on the body and i was in!! i was impressed that they were on stage so long considering the set list wasn't super long. i liked it when they were chillin on maynard's podium, t'was funny. that town was beautiful, our hotel room looked right out on the mountains, it was great!! i was also pretty shocked by all the american people i encountered there, i wasn't expecting it. we have tickets for the paris show too, up there i was expecting a bunch of ppl from a bunch of different places but i was surprised for it down there.

well, now that i have rambled on forever and ever, that about wraps it up, however i have one more thing to say:
to all you complaining about the concert,.....

don't be douchebags, you were in a tiny venue, for almost 2 hours breathing the same air as TOOL, jamming out to TOOL, getting to be a part of someting special....TOOL, that place was freakin TINY AS HELL, all the seats or pit were AWESOME placement!!! So what if the sound wasn't PERFECT, i personally thought for a metal, flat-roofed building, it sounded pretty kick ass!! so yeah, like i said before, it was TOOL, we all got to share a moment with them, somethin we can keep for the rest of our lives, instead of finding things to bitch and complain about, let's just all be happy that TOOL is around, kicking ass still, and that we got a chance to see them in such an intimate setting,....please?? show love for the band that gives you what TOOL does. i'm out.

-Lates
OFFLINE |