View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/04 - Perth, AUS - Claremont Showgrounds

Tool was ok this time round .. nothing on the lateralus show back at the ent centre. I really have to say i didnt dig the set list Altho im not the biggest fan of 10,000 days bar wings the title track pot etc. Jambis shits me to tears, its almost ridiculous they looked like a bunch of out of touch 40 odd year old men trying to play some brand of 'mystical' metal, sounded and looked so 90's (sorry not mystical and unearthly at all guys, just reallly really lame..). Theyre a band still using the same formulas and not getting away with it in my opinion both musically and especially visually (image/mystique/) this whole psychadelic unearthly intellect shit is so lame, its as transperant as dan browns da vinci code. got some news for u guys, theres better bands out there than tool minus all the bullshit, theyre not the only guys pushing boundaries so keep your eyes and ears open... (how bad was the double time section in schism, so tasteless and so 'urgh that ugly tool sound'. Maynard shits me, i prefer his attitude in APC. my question is why is there such a different attitude in TOOL (hes the same person isnt he, why adopt different personas for different bands to conjure up some sort of wanky image?) spells fraud to me.. Sing the god damn lyrics to the song for god sake. thank god Justin (altho his bass sounded a little too poppy at times [esp during 46 &2] and danny were keeping it real.. however.
Rosetta Stoned was pretty good, much better live than recorded, tho that track i feel doesn't have the same flow and feel that their older progressive songs had. it kind of drags and has sections that sound like their in there (the chune) just for the sake of it.. Don't like adams sound either its far to crisp and metal as opposed to his fatter murkier tones of older albums..
I feel my opinion of the show would of been different, had the band the courage and conviction (they would of had it back in the day) to play their standout tracks on the new album. (have they managed to pull 10,000 days off yet?? i heard justin was having trouble playing it standing up)

Cant wait for Isis tomorrow night, a band in touch still with whats going on.. If you guys are the huge open minded trippers into good music (haha) that you all claim so passionately to be ill expect to see u all there

Last edited by mostpplrnotok; 02-06-2007 at 07:55 PM..
OFFLINE |