View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367
Re: 2007/02/04 - Perth, AUS - Claremont Showgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm View Post
Holy shit. I mean this with total respect. You did a seriously good thing! I cant believe you walked away while 46&2 was going nuts! Just to help a stranger no less. You are a better person than me. I think nothing could have dragged me away from Tool!
Wasn't an entirely self-less act. The sound in that spot was poor and the guy was a major distraction (not his fault, of course). So we wanted to get back out anyway. I guess it helped him and it helped us.

Plus, when his body starting doing those massive jolts in time to the ending of 46 & 2 I was able to experience the song in a way I never have or never will again! Was cool but creepy and mind-blowing as well. My brother later said if he'd been on acid when they guy started jolting like that he reckons he would have been in a puddle on the ground as well and I'd have to dragged both of them to first aid!!

And I very much doubt I'm a better person than you or many others on here. Maybe 'cause my brother and I are older (you know, like sad old dads!!) we just reacted better and dealt with the situation. Normally I'm not a great humanitarian, but when a person needs help somebody has to help them. If nobody does or will then as a society we are, basically, fucked.

Roll on November, and if it happens again at that show it's somebody else's turn to do a good deed!!
OFFLINE |