View Single Post
lostmytool
08-08-2009, 08:49 AM

I have supported this band since '93. I am in my late 30's now and I wouldn't say I am the biggest fan but I still have them in my top 5 of all time fav's. I've seen them 7 or 8 times. Newport Music Hall in Columbus '96 on Aenima tour was the best I've "EVER" seen them. '97 Hara Arena in Dayton w/ Melvins was great too. I even had the sweet opportunity to see them at The LA Forum on Lateralus tour in '02.

I wish for my old Tool. The Tool that made me excited and pumped up. The Tool that meant something special to me. I know this is coming off as a negative rant but last night just didn't do it for me. My expectations were not met. My feelings stem from their lack of giving die hard fans a little more for the $$$. I've seen the big arena shows, seen the changes in the band. Different times, different energy, different everything. It used to be about the music, the mighty power of Tool live was something to behold. Now it's more about the mood: lighting, lasers, and imagery. Less music and performance and more about lining up the music to the stage show. I like it but c'mon for christ sakes, mix it up guys. Throw the long time fan a chestnut or two for his $100: DIG? Those time wasting noise/feedback intermissons could have been better served for one or two more songs. Good show but very mailed in and uneventful.
Last night was a let down.

I miss MY Tool
Old 08-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

I have supported this band since '93. I am in my late 30's now and I wouldn't say I am the biggest fan but I still have them in my top 5 of all time fav's. I've seen them 7 or 8 times. Newport Music Hall in Columbus '96 on Aenima tour was the best I've "EVER" seen them. '97 Hara Arena in Dayton w/ Melvins was great too. I even had the sweet opportunity to see them at The LA Forum on Lateralus tour in '02.

I wish for my old Tool. The Tool that made me excited and pumped up. The Tool that meant something special to me. I know this is coming off as a negative rant but last night just didn't do it for me. My expectations were not met. My feelings stem from their lack of giving die hard fans a little more for the $$$. I've seen the big arena shows, seen the changes in the band. Different times, different energy, different everything. It used to be about the music, the mighty power of Tool live was something to behold. Now it's more about the mood: lighting, lasers, and imagery. Less music and performance and more about lining up the music to the stage show. I like it but c'mon for christ sakes, mix it up guys. Throw the long time fan a chestnut or two for his $100: DIG? Those time wasting noise/feedback intermissons could have been better served for one or two more songs. Good show but very mailed in and uneventful.
Last night was a let down.

I miss MY Tool
OFFLINE |