View Single Post
apctoolfan2268's Avatar apctoolfan2268
08-08-2009, 08:32 AM

This is really tuff for me.. I have followed the reviews of this mini-tour and have felt, as I always have, that TOOL fans can be too critical. "same set list" "sloppy old Maynard" "show too short" "mix no good".. I read all these things over and over and couldn't believe them.. not the TOOL I know.
So last night I take a close friend of mine and my daughter to their first TOOL show.... this is the hard part. Most of these reviews have been spot on. This was a good show ONLY because it was TOOL, but it was certainly not a typical TOOL show. It was my 5th TOOL show and ranks 5.
Anyone who has seen TOOL multiple times, have you ever NOT felt "HOLY SHIT" at the end of the show? Honestly, remember that feeling? I thought maybe perhaps being my 5th show that I was jaded, but when it was over my friend and daughter, both BIG TOOL fans, said "it was ok" "it was pretty good". HHHmmmm? that wow factor was missing..
I still love TOOL.. I'll still buy every piece of media they put out. But $80 in shirts, over $300 in tix and a 3 hr drive one way... and I walk out telling my TOOL "virgins" that I'm sorry, TOOL are usually a lot better than that.

sec 100 row O... gotta say hey to Jason and his pal from Detroit. Nice to meet you, hope you enjoyed the show more than I did. I gave you wrong info dude. Incubus are NOT playing the festival in Pomona. Not sure where I heard that now. But Linkin Park and Alice in Chains are playing at the Pomona show. Peace Bro, GO LIONS!!

I'm not even trying to be harsh, it just wasn't "HOLY SHIT" , you know? Last thing, I don't care much for Flood, and frankly in anticipation of this show I found myself wishing they would play Right in Two or The Pot instead... I was COMPLETELY wrong.. Flood was the highlight of the show.. it had that "thing" (whatever "it" is) that the rest of the show lacked.

See you on the next tour, yes I'll be there, because I believe that the next time I walk out of a TOOL show I'll say, "HOLY SHIT"

Last edited by apctoolfan2268; 08-08-2009 at 08:47 AM..
Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

This is really tuff for me.. I have followed the reviews of this mini-tour and have felt, as I always have, that TOOL fans can be too critical. "same set list" "sloppy old Maynard" "show too short" "mix no good".. I read all these things over and over and couldn't believe them.. not the TOOL I know.
So last night I take a close friend of mine and my daughter to their first TOOL show.... this is the hard part. Most of these reviews have been spot on. This was a good show ONLY because it was TOOL, but it was certainly not a typical TOOL show. It was my 5th TOOL show and ranks 5.
Anyone who has seen TOOL multiple times, have you ever NOT felt "HOLY SHIT" at the end of the show? Honestly, remember that feeling? I thought maybe perhaps being my 5th show that I was jaded, but when it was over my friend and daughter, both BIG TOOL fans, said "it was ok" "it was pretty good". HHHmmmm? that wow factor was missing..
I still love TOOL.. I'll still buy every piece of media they put out. But $80 in shirts, over $300 in tix and a 3 hr drive one way... and I walk out telling my TOOL "virgins" that I'm sorry, TOOL are usually a lot better than that.

sec 100 row O... gotta say hey to Jason and his pal from Detroit. Nice to meet you, hope you enjoyed the show more than I did. I gave you wrong info dude. Incubus are NOT playing the festival in Pomona. Not sure where I heard that now. But Linkin Park and Alice in Chains are playing at the Pomona show. Peace Bro, GO LIONS!!

I'm not even trying to be harsh, it just wasn't "HOLY SHIT" , you know? Last thing, I don't care much for Flood, and frankly in anticipation of this show I found myself wishing they would play Right in Two or The Pot instead... I was COMPLETELY wrong.. Flood was the highlight of the show.. it had that "thing" (whatever "it" is) that the rest of the show lacked.

See you on the next tour, yes I'll be there, because I believe that the next time I walk out of a TOOL show I'll say, "HOLY SHIT"

Last edited by apctoolfan2268; 08-08-2009 at 08:47 AM..
OFFLINE |