View Single Post
Evdoggydog
08-03-2009, 12:07 PM

My 3rd tool show and it was a slight disappointment.

I was on the floor right by Justin. This was my first time being on the floor at a Tool concert so it was a great experience being in the action. The bands performance was definitely lacking, mostly because of Maynard. Danny justin and adam were all tight as hell but maynard usually brings it all together. With the bitchy attitude, leaving stage, barely singing, low volume (deffinitly on purpose), hes just paying dues to the rest of the band.. No way he wants to be there.

I was glad i was on Justins side because he was having a great time. He was smiling at us and really getting into the music. I was totally getting the rock out vibes from him. I came into the show knowing the setlist and what the show was going to be, but it still didn't happen for me. The setlist was of course disappointing because i have seen it two times, but i expected it so i tried to get into the songs as much as possible. But, Dont get me wrong, i had a great time but to keep us waiting for an hour after Tweak Bird played? and to not change any of the set to make up for it? and Tweak bird....They absolutely suck. Tool is an arena band and they cant book any1 but a couple of burn outs who can barely play? The drum duel could have been cool if the drummer for Tweak Bird was actually any good. I was starting to believe the make a wish foundation joke. If anyone knows why they booked this band, please tell me. I know some 15 year olds who can play like that.

The crowd on the floor was kind of annoying. There were a few jerks near me who were yelling at Tweak Bird. I didnt care for them at all but give them some respect and let them play. They started swearing at the saxophone player when he came out. I thought he was the coolest part of their performance. I didnt see many people rocking out near me, and by rocking out i dont meen pushing each other around. A lot of people were just standing still.

I thought the sound was pretty good and the lights were amazing. I could hear danny drums and justins bass really clear. I would deffinitly go back to this venue.

Rant finished
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

My 3rd tool show and it was a slight disappointment.

I was on the floor right by Justin. This was my first time being on the floor at a Tool concert so it was a great experience being in the action. The bands performance was definitely lacking, mostly because of Maynard. Danny justin and adam were all tight as hell but maynard usually brings it all together. With the bitchy attitude, leaving stage, barely singing, low volume (deffinitly on purpose), hes just paying dues to the rest of the band.. No way he wants to be there.

I was glad i was on Justins side because he was having a great time. He was smiling at us and really getting into the music. I was totally getting the rock out vibes from him. I came into the show knowing the setlist and what the show was going to be, but it still didn't happen for me. The setlist was of course disappointing because i have seen it two times, but i expected it so i tried to get into the songs as much as possible. But, Dont get me wrong, i had a great time but to keep us waiting for an hour after Tweak Bird played? and to not change any of the set to make up for it? and Tweak bird....They absolutely suck. Tool is an arena band and they cant book any1 but a couple of burn outs who can barely play? The drum duel could have been cool if the drummer for Tweak Bird was actually any good. I was starting to believe the make a wish foundation joke. If anyone knows why they booked this band, please tell me. I know some 15 year olds who can play like that.

The crowd on the floor was kind of annoying. There were a few jerks near me who were yelling at Tweak Bird. I didnt care for them at all but give them some respect and let them play. They started swearing at the saxophone player when he came out. I thought he was the coolest part of their performance. I didnt see many people rocking out near me, and by rocking out i dont meen pushing each other around. A lot of people were just standing still.

I thought the sound was pretty good and the lights were amazing. I could hear danny drums and justins bass really clear. I would deffinitly go back to this venue.

Rant finished
OFFLINE |