View Single Post
weathermantom
08-03-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeveedee View Post
Unimpressive. Uninspired. Taking money ungratefully. Maynard needs a good ass-kicking, something to sort him out. I no longer consider him an artist - it's the artist formerly known as MJK. Tool needs a new lead singer. That setlist is mildewed and smoldering. The pieces certainly don't fit anymore. The Flood intro was tight - all the best moments happened without Maynard. A sad day for me. They were so brilliant. Time to spend less money to watch better shows.

pretty much exactly what I said as we were walking out of the venue.

I think this is definitely a show best seen from a mid-range seat. I decided to go for the rail this time, but it almost detracted from the performance. Not only was I standing 4 feet in front of a subwoofer stack, but the visuals were [expectedly] not as impressive and I could see, in great detail, Maynard deciding to pussy out on every single scream or high note. The only bonus: Danny.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 326
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeveedee View Post
Unimpressive. Uninspired. Taking money ungratefully. Maynard needs a good ass-kicking, something to sort him out. I no longer consider him an artist - it's the artist formerly known as MJK. Tool needs a new lead singer. That setlist is mildewed and smoldering. The pieces certainly don't fit anymore. The Flood intro was tight - all the best moments happened without Maynard. A sad day for me. They were so brilliant. Time to spend less money to watch better shows.

pretty much exactly what I said as we were walking out of the venue.

I think this is definitely a show best seen from a mid-range seat. I decided to go for the rail this time, but it almost detracted from the performance. Not only was I standing 4 feet in front of a subwoofer stack, but the visuals were [expectedly] not as impressive and I could see, in great detail, Maynard deciding to pussy out on every single scream or high note. The only bonus: Danny.
OFFLINE |