View Single Post
The_Color_Green's Avatar The_Color_Green
07-31-2009, 09:52 AM

This was my first Tool show, and it will be hard to top:

I was on the rail directly in front of Justin (even made eye contact) and I could see everything clearly. Its really easy to tell that he has a ton of fun playing the concerts.

It was really incredible being that close (never been on the rail before). Although, as I saw mentioned, there was group of people to my back right absolutely crushing people who did not want to take part in a mosh. Luckily I only had to deal with the security guards getting up on the step in front of me. (I was the kid in the Zildjian shirt).

The music sounded great, had a little trouble understanding Maynard, but I knew the words anyway. As for Maynard. I was not expecting much from him hearing how he has been out of it. I was happy he was facing us the whole time except for when he left the stage. He did his little half assed movements but still seemed to be there, I know on Rosetta Stoned he was into it, he was acting out a lot of it, although probably not visible to the people in the back. He also didn't seem to be holding out too much, save for the end of vicarious.

I would not care if they removed Schism, although I think the sped up part makes up for its "rather have better song"-ness.

While my friend and I were waiting for the show to start I mentioned that we were in a spot where we might get a drumstick... and as fate would have it, Danny threw It our way and it was on the right rotation so I could get a firm grip dead center and rip it away from the other hands. It made my night.

While I could look at the cons of the show, I have much more pros to look at and remember all my life.

and in response to Nonplussed, it is not a church for Tool, just a fancy name for a showcase of the art Alex Grey had done for them.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

This was my first Tool show, and it will be hard to top:

I was on the rail directly in front of Justin (even made eye contact) and I could see everything clearly. Its really easy to tell that he has a ton of fun playing the concerts.

It was really incredible being that close (never been on the rail before). Although, as I saw mentioned, there was group of people to my back right absolutely crushing people who did not want to take part in a mosh. Luckily I only had to deal with the security guards getting up on the step in front of me. (I was the kid in the Zildjian shirt).

The music sounded great, had a little trouble understanding Maynard, but I knew the words anyway. As for Maynard. I was not expecting much from him hearing how he has been out of it. I was happy he was facing us the whole time except for when he left the stage. He did his little half assed movements but still seemed to be there, I know on Rosetta Stoned he was into it, he was acting out a lot of it, although probably not visible to the people in the back. He also didn't seem to be holding out too much, save for the end of vicarious.

I would not care if they removed Schism, although I think the sped up part makes up for its "rather have better song"-ness.

While my friend and I were waiting for the show to start I mentioned that we were in a spot where we might get a drumstick... and as fate would have it, Danny threw It our way and it was on the right rotation so I could get a firm grip dead center and rip it away from the other hands. It made my night.

While I could look at the cons of the show, I have much more pros to look at and remember all my life.

and in response to Nonplussed, it is not a church for Tool, just a fancy name for a showcase of the art Alex Grey had done for them.
OFFLINE |