View Single Post
mondegreen
07-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology55 View Post
I have to agree that this wasn't Maynard's best, but hey, he is 45 now. Not sure why he stands back next to Danny Carey while rocking back and forth the whole time, given he is a Frontman. Danny Carey is an amazing drummer at 48, Adam and Justin were good too.
Maynard positions himself like that to try to get the sound right. The band doesn't want Danny's monster drumset blowing away Maynard's mic.

I've read several people saying that Maynard has always been a bit of a dick, and I've been around long enough to know that. Regardless of how pretentious he acts, he has always taken the task of delivering a solid performance very seriously. In eight years of seeing Tool play live and collecting various live CDs and DVDs, last night was the first time that Maynard really looked like he did not care about the music. I think that is what has people so upset about the show.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology55 View Post
I have to agree that this wasn't Maynard's best, but hey, he is 45 now. Not sure why he stands back next to Danny Carey while rocking back and forth the whole time, given he is a Frontman. Danny Carey is an amazing drummer at 48, Adam and Justin were good too.
Maynard positions himself like that to try to get the sound right. The band doesn't want Danny's monster drumset blowing away Maynard's mic.

I've read several people saying that Maynard has always been a bit of a dick, and I've been around long enough to know that. Regardless of how pretentious he acts, he has always taken the task of delivering a solid performance very seriously. In eight years of seeing Tool play live and collecting various live CDs and DVDs, last night was the first time that Maynard really looked like he did not care about the music. I think that is what has people so upset about the show.
OFFLINE |