View Single Post
Whodini's Avatar Whodini
07-23-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendroaspis View Post
The security at this show were inexperienced idiots. They didn't know their heads from their ass. Crowdsurfers literally flew over the railing before these tards even reacted...I normally count on security reactions to know when some dude is gonna come crashing over my head, but there is no way you could tell anything from these guys. When they did stand up, it was usually because they smelled some cigarette or pot smoke. When one guy stood up on the railing, 3 others would follow in suit, essentially creating a wall in front of you and the stage. They would stand there for up to a minute, pointing their little flashlights around, then finally step down. Thankfully this didn't happen in front of me too often...I was just off center, a little toward Justin. About 10 feet toward the center, they were CONSTANTLY blocking the view by standing up. They never did this for crowdsurfers though...as I mentioned, those poor fools just flew over the railing half the time.

After the show, Justin crumpled his setlist and threw it off the stage. It landed just beyond the barrier, in front of me. I asked several security guys to get it for me...finally one obliged, and promptly shoved it in his back pocket. Asshole.
TOTALLY AGREE with you br0. It was something i had never experienced at a rock show before, as far as THIS tight of security. We prolly were near each other at some point. Cause basically you're describing my vantage point.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 18
Re: 07.22.09 - Rio Rancho, NM @ Santa Ana Star Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendroaspis View Post
The security at this show were inexperienced idiots. They didn't know their heads from their ass. Crowdsurfers literally flew over the railing before these tards even reacted...I normally count on security reactions to know when some dude is gonna come crashing over my head, but there is no way you could tell anything from these guys. When they did stand up, it was usually because they smelled some cigarette or pot smoke. When one guy stood up on the railing, 3 others would follow in suit, essentially creating a wall in front of you and the stage. They would stand there for up to a minute, pointing their little flashlights around, then finally step down. Thankfully this didn't happen in front of me too often...I was just off center, a little toward Justin. About 10 feet toward the center, they were CONSTANTLY blocking the view by standing up. They never did this for crowdsurfers though...as I mentioned, those poor fools just flew over the railing half the time.

After the show, Justin crumpled his setlist and threw it off the stage. It landed just beyond the barrier, in front of me. I asked several security guys to get it for me...finally one obliged, and promptly shoved it in his back pocket. Asshole.
TOTALLY AGREE with you br0. It was something i had never experienced at a rock show before, as far as THIS tight of security. We prolly were near each other at some point. Cause basically you're describing my vantage point.
OFFLINE |