View Single Post
kanaduh
07-22-2009, 10:38 PM

tool show #15, 4th on this tour...

ehhhhhhhhhhhh!
i have to start with my day prior to the concert.
woke up early in phoenix and headed to the airport for albuquorque (which I think I can finally spell properly). i was worried all day because i knew the venue would be in the middle of nowhere and i wasn't sure how I was going to get there or where i'd stay overnight. after landing another stress-filled southwest airline flight, i headed to the info booth which told me there were no rental cars left. i was starting to get worried when i checked my cell phone to find a missed call from a number i didn't recognize. i called it back and it turns out "no name" from these forums saw me post earlier and wanted to see if i needed a ride. turns out he was on the same flight as me the entire time and we met in the terminal and we chilled at his place all day... preparing for the show in the necessary fashions.
kudos to him, saved me a hotel stay and $100+ in cab fares. Bought him tons of food and a tool poster in return... thanks again dude.

also want to thank "raz" from the forums who offerred to give me a ride if i was absolutely stranded at the airport. very generous of you sir.

also a really good sign that you see too many tool shows: i was talking to noname before the lights went out and as justins guitar tech was putting water bottles on top of his speakers, i mentioned how he was going to open the white caps on all the bottles for justin because that would be too much work for him. turns out 10 seconds later the tech takes all the lids of his fiji water bottles. ...the strangest things you notice sometimes.

so the lights go off and tool takes the stage. jambi was great as always. kinda funny just before the adam talkbox solo they dropped the curtain to show the backdrop. however the curtain got stuck when it fell on the octagon-star prop hanging from the ceiling. the stage crew had to take the entire thing down to remove the curtain.

we got the aenema setlist which is always great.

rosetta stoned: now i will say with 100% certainty that for at least the fast parts of this song, maynard is singing absolutely random jibberish that is nothing similar to the original version. pretty funny to watch.
overall maynard was once again very mobile and into the show. lots of chatting with the audience/significantly more dancing, and also made his usual near-naked appearance once again.
when he came out for lateralus, he jokingly sat on tweak bird's drum set and looked like he was contemplating playing. "let the drum faggotry begin"
similar to yesterday, when lateralus concluded he made another funny attack on the guest, something again along the lines of "get off my stage now!"
mjk ran off the stage as soon as vicarious concluded again, however he did give a very brief peace-out before doing so.

also, i need to take some time to mention the mosh pit that i saw. WTF people!? Seriously?
about 20-50 people formed a massive circle and just started randomly pushing and shoving each other for the entire show. for every song it was just random charging at each other. during the climax of lateralus "i embrace my desire to..." the lasers and lights were incredibly beautiful, but all these douchebags are just mindlessly hurting each other. i'll never understand...

oh, you all know this already but i will say it anyways: danny carey is clearly the consequence of some science experiment gone horribly wrong. humans should not be able to do what he can.

my eyes had another orgasm. well done lighting/visual/laser crew

peace out.
on to san antonio...
Old 07-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: 07.22.09 - Rio Rancho, NM @ Santa Ana Star Center

tool show #15, 4th on this tour...

ehhhhhhhhhhhh!
i have to start with my day prior to the concert.
woke up early in phoenix and headed to the airport for albuquorque (which I think I can finally spell properly). i was worried all day because i knew the venue would be in the middle of nowhere and i wasn't sure how I was going to get there or where i'd stay overnight. after landing another stress-filled southwest airline flight, i headed to the info booth which told me there were no rental cars left. i was starting to get worried when i checked my cell phone to find a missed call from a number i didn't recognize. i called it back and it turns out "no name" from these forums saw me post earlier and wanted to see if i needed a ride. turns out he was on the same flight as me the entire time and we met in the terminal and we chilled at his place all day... preparing for the show in the necessary fashions.
kudos to him, saved me a hotel stay and $100+ in cab fares. Bought him tons of food and a tool poster in return... thanks again dude.

also want to thank "raz" from the forums who offerred to give me a ride if i was absolutely stranded at the airport. very generous of you sir.

also a really good sign that you see too many tool shows: i was talking to noname before the lights went out and as justins guitar tech was putting water bottles on top of his speakers, i mentioned how he was going to open the white caps on all the bottles for justin because that would be too much work for him. turns out 10 seconds later the tech takes all the lids of his fiji water bottles. ...the strangest things you notice sometimes.

so the lights go off and tool takes the stage. jambi was great as always. kinda funny just before the adam talkbox solo they dropped the curtain to show the backdrop. however the curtain got stuck when it fell on the octagon-star prop hanging from the ceiling. the stage crew had to take the entire thing down to remove the curtain.

we got the aenema setlist which is always great.

rosetta stoned: now i will say with 100% certainty that for at least the fast parts of this song, maynard is singing absolutely random jibberish that is nothing similar to the original version. pretty funny to watch.
overall maynard was once again very mobile and into the show. lots of chatting with the audience/significantly more dancing, and also made his usual near-naked appearance once again.
when he came out for lateralus, he jokingly sat on tweak bird's drum set and looked like he was contemplating playing. "let the drum faggotry begin"
similar to yesterday, when lateralus concluded he made another funny attack on the guest, something again along the lines of "get off my stage now!"
mjk ran off the stage as soon as vicarious concluded again, however he did give a very brief peace-out before doing so.

also, i need to take some time to mention the mosh pit that i saw. WTF people!? Seriously?
about 20-50 people formed a massive circle and just started randomly pushing and shoving each other for the entire show. for every song it was just random charging at each other. during the climax of lateralus "i embrace my desire to..." the lasers and lights were incredibly beautiful, but all these douchebags are just mindlessly hurting each other. i'll never understand...

oh, you all know this already but i will say it anyways: danny carey is clearly the consequence of some science experiment gone horribly wrong. humans should not be able to do what he can.

my eyes had another orgasm. well done lighting/visual/laser crew

peace out.
on to san antonio...