View Single Post
ShaylaRCakes
07-07-2010, 07:08 AM

Fantastic show. I was fortunate enough to be seated front row center on the floor, and although I have been up against the barricade for other shows, not having to fight for my spot allowed me to actually stand there and take it all in up close. It was a totally different perspective. I got to really watch everybody instead of being so fixated on the displays and lasers (I do love those damn lasers.)

I must preface this with the fact that I had absolutely refused to look at previous shows and their corresponding set lists. I wanted every moment of it to be a surprise, and I am certainly glad I did so. Opening with Third Eye was almost more than I could handle.

From the floor the sound was wonderful, but I hear in other parts of the venue people disagree. It was well mixed from my perspective, though.

Watching Justin is always the most fun part of the show, to me. He really gets into it and I enjoy that. Danny is my hero, though, so my eyes fixate on him for a good chunk of the time. I was closer to stage right, though, so I spent a lot of time really watching what Adam does, which is a lot. I also saw him mouth the words "Hi Mom" at one point during the show, so that was pretty cool.

Set list was already posted so I won't go into that.

It was funny watching Maynard take a bunch of pictures with his iPhone of the Dalek guys, Adam and Danny. I don't think he made his way to Justin. Surprisingly, though, he did make his way to the front of the stage to retrieve his bottle of wine that Dalek did not take backstage with them.

On the subject of Dalek, I thought they were pretty cool. They were an interesting choice, but I personally enjoyed them. Would have rather seen them pick up Atmosphere though. ;]

They totally biffed Forty Six & 2, which I actually thought was awesome. It's sometimes rad seeing people who are usually so dead on that it's scary totally screw up a song they've played for over a decade. Everyone's timing was off, but they pulled it together as soon as the verse kicked in.

Highlights of the show:
1) Justin smiled at me (again!)
2) The merch was wonderful (I bought the autographed poster designed by Adam)
3) Uhhhh yeah, got Danny's drumstick! Holy balls.

This has been the best Tool year of my life so far.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Fantastic show. I was fortunate enough to be seated front row center on the floor, and although I have been up against the barricade for other shows, not having to fight for my spot allowed me to actually stand there and take it all in up close. It was a totally different perspective. I got to really watch everybody instead of being so fixated on the displays and lasers (I do love those damn lasers.)

I must preface this with the fact that I had absolutely refused to look at previous shows and their corresponding set lists. I wanted every moment of it to be a surprise, and I am certainly glad I did so. Opening with Third Eye was almost more than I could handle.

From the floor the sound was wonderful, but I hear in other parts of the venue people disagree. It was well mixed from my perspective, though.

Watching Justin is always the most fun part of the show, to me. He really gets into it and I enjoy that. Danny is my hero, though, so my eyes fixate on him for a good chunk of the time. I was closer to stage right, though, so I spent a lot of time really watching what Adam does, which is a lot. I also saw him mouth the words "Hi Mom" at one point during the show, so that was pretty cool.

Set list was already posted so I won't go into that.

It was funny watching Maynard take a bunch of pictures with his iPhone of the Dalek guys, Adam and Danny. I don't think he made his way to Justin. Surprisingly, though, he did make his way to the front of the stage to retrieve his bottle of wine that Dalek did not take backstage with them.

On the subject of Dalek, I thought they were pretty cool. They were an interesting choice, but I personally enjoyed them. Would have rather seen them pick up Atmosphere though. ;]

They totally biffed Forty Six & 2, which I actually thought was awesome. It's sometimes rad seeing people who are usually so dead on that it's scary totally screw up a song they've played for over a decade. Everyone's timing was off, but they pulled it together as soon as the verse kicked in.

Highlights of the show:
1) Justin smiled at me (again!)
2) The merch was wonderful (I bought the autographed poster designed by Adam)
3) Uhhhh yeah, got Danny's drumstick! Holy balls.

This has been the best Tool year of my life so far.