View Single Post
angst
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm not saying it was a bad show... for Tool to play what they play, and as tight live as it sounds on the album, is an incredible feat... but WE had seats where the sounds WAS bad (for Tool). And if Maynard was talking, we sure as shit couldn't tell most of the time. And he did his typical eccentric back in the shadows crap. I understand that they are old, and tired from long tours, but as their frontman, Maynard could at least try to pretend that there are thousands of adoring fans there to see them and be appreciative of that.

Was anyone at the Breaking Benjamin show on Tuesday where he went INTO THE CROWD to hand out water while Deftones came out and played "house of flies?" THAT is crowd interaction. When I had a gig last night, I jumped off the stage and played a ripping guitar solo in the faces of the crowd and they loved it...

I think Tool is assuming their fanbase consists mostly of tweakers & stoners who wouldn't even notice that the band is actually there and are awash in sensory overload from the lights & sounds, or are drunken fools screaming through the entire show.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

I'm not saying it was a bad show... for Tool to play what they play, and as tight live as it sounds on the album, is an incredible feat... but WE had seats where the sounds WAS bad (for Tool). And if Maynard was talking, we sure as shit couldn't tell most of the time. And he did his typical eccentric back in the shadows crap. I understand that they are old, and tired from long tours, but as their frontman, Maynard could at least try to pretend that there are thousands of adoring fans there to see them and be appreciative of that.

Was anyone at the Breaking Benjamin show on Tuesday where he went INTO THE CROWD to hand out water while Deftones came out and played "house of flies?" THAT is crowd interaction. When I had a gig last night, I jumped off the stage and played a ripping guitar solo in the faces of the crowd and they loved it...

I think Tool is assuming their fanbase consists mostly of tweakers & stoners who wouldn't even notice that the band is actually there and are awash in sensory overload from the lights & sounds, or are drunken fools screaming through the entire show.
OFFLINE |