View Single Post
AgentDMT
11-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
Also could've done without the weird sound-effects intermission.... WAY too long.
If by way too long you mean way too awesome then I agree. The intermission breaks from the "2D" show and begins the process of introducing the laser beams. When the red and white light finally moves out to the crowd and stutters like a skipping CD, the energy of the crowd is amazing. Then the laser beams rock out. It is an excellent use of suspense that leads you to the amazing part of the light show.

Quote:
Maynard also barely said anything all night. I wish I could have seen them back in the day when he was a freak and would stand out front in crazy outfits or painted up.
"Good evening Texas. Woo Hoo"
"Where were we? Ahhh yes, songs about anal sex"
(something here)"Bozz chickened out. Fucking pussy"
"Sebastian last name from Trans Am"
Trans Am Joke I couldn't hear
Oompa Loompa joke I couldnt hear

Amazing show. Toyota Center is very nice place. I was very close, but it seems theres not a bad seat in the place. Sound was loud, energy level was on point. Excellent. And wow what a light show. I'm glad they got rid of that cheesy light thing that came up during Lateralus during the Woodlands debacle.

Danny wore a T-Mac jersey and drew attention to it as he walked out to his kit. That was pretty tight. My friend said, before this happened, that Tool was no Houston Rockets (seeing as how we were in the Toy. Center) because they didn't have T-Mac. At the end of the show he said that T-Mac (referring to DC) was really good.

Maynard had some good dance moves lined up, including an arm circle thing during Jambi that was neat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s82g-q3pPxc video of the arm circle thing but you can barely see it around 3:30). He directed the crowd to clap during Rosetta Stoned (I think could have been another song) which I have never seen him do.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 11-18-2007 at 01:24 PM..
Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

Quote:
Also could've done without the weird sound-effects intermission.... WAY too long.
If by way too long you mean way too awesome then I agree. The intermission breaks from the "2D" show and begins the process of introducing the laser beams. When the red and white light finally moves out to the crowd and stutters like a skipping CD, the energy of the crowd is amazing. Then the laser beams rock out. It is an excellent use of suspense that leads you to the amazing part of the light show.

Quote:
Maynard also barely said anything all night. I wish I could have seen them back in the day when he was a freak and would stand out front in crazy outfits or painted up.
"Good evening Texas. Woo Hoo"
"Where were we? Ahhh yes, songs about anal sex"
(something here)"Bozz chickened out. Fucking pussy"
"Sebastian last name from Trans Am"
Trans Am Joke I couldn't hear
Oompa Loompa joke I couldnt hear

Amazing show. Toyota Center is very nice place. I was very close, but it seems theres not a bad seat in the place. Sound was loud, energy level was on point. Excellent. And wow what a light show. I'm glad they got rid of that cheesy light thing that came up during Lateralus during the Woodlands debacle.

Danny wore a T-Mac jersey and drew attention to it as he walked out to his kit. That was pretty tight. My friend said, before this happened, that Tool was no Houston Rockets (seeing as how we were in the Toy. Center) because they didn't have T-Mac. At the end of the show he said that T-Mac (referring to DC) was really good.

Maynard had some good dance moves lined up, including an arm circle thing during Jambi that was neat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s82g-q3pPxc video of the arm circle thing but you can barely see it around 3:30). He directed the crowd to clap during Rosetta Stoned (I think could have been another song) which I have never seen him do.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 11-18-2007 at 01:24 PM..
OFFLINE |