View Single Post
angst
11-18-2007, 02:22 AM

This show was only so-so for me. I mean, they did a great job, but for what was essentially a make-up show for 9/11 at the Woodlands, I was somewhat disappointed that it was basically the same core set of songs they've been doing. I was hoping for some totally different stuff to knock my socks off: H, Swamp Song, Hooker, Third Eye... though Flood was pretty awesome.

I wanted so badly for them to play The Pot (my favorite). I saw Tool at the Woodland, at the San Antonio show earlier this year, and this show... no Pot =(

Also could've done without the weird sound-effects intermission.... WAY too long.

We had pretty good seats in section 208, but it must've been in a bad sound spot cus the guitar was a bit too loud in the mix. It mostly rendered vocals inaudible.

Maynard also barely said anything all night. I wish I could have seen them back in the day when he was a freak and would stand out front in crazy outfits or painted up.

Last edited by angst; 11-18-2007 at 02:27 AM..
Old 11-18-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

This show was only so-so for me. I mean, they did a great job, but for what was essentially a make-up show for 9/11 at the Woodlands, I was somewhat disappointed that it was basically the same core set of songs they've been doing. I was hoping for some totally different stuff to knock my socks off: H, Swamp Song, Hooker, Third Eye... though Flood was pretty awesome.

I wanted so badly for them to play The Pot (my favorite). I saw Tool at the Woodland, at the San Antonio show earlier this year, and this show... no Pot =(

Also could've done without the weird sound-effects intermission.... WAY too long.

We had pretty good seats in section 208, but it must've been in a bad sound spot cus the guitar was a bit too loud in the mix. It mostly rendered vocals inaudible.

Maynard also barely said anything all night. I wish I could have seen them back in the day when he was a freak and would stand out front in crazy outfits or painted up.

Last edited by angst; 11-18-2007 at 02:27 AM..
OFFLINE |