View Single Post
chrisb
11-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Great show, my 5th of the 10K days tour (9-11-06 Woodlands, 5-21-07 San Antonio, 5-22-07 Corpus Christi, 6-15-07 Bonnaroo) and one of the best, second only IMO to the Bonnaroo show. The sound was probably the better than any of the other shows I've attended.

I enjoyed Trans Am, I recommend people don't blow them off.

Pretty much all the same stage setup, however I noticed a one new addition. There were floating skulls w/ fetuses inside that appeared (I think during 46 & 2?). They were just projections on the large tapestry behind the band, but I had not noticed them before. Other than that, same as usual (read = FANTASTIC). The videos always seem to be slightly different, but the same for the most part. I was hoping to see the Vicarious video, but that was a no-go.

Flood was great, but I was really hoping to hear Pushit, I song I have not yet heard live. I enjoyed Maynard's gestures during Rosetta Stoned before he started the clap. Lateralus was fantastic as usual. However I wasn't too impressed with the drummer from Trans Am. He was decent, but all the other Lateralus breakdowns I've seen have been better. My favorite Lateralus jam that I've heard was probably during San Antonio's show with Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Crimson

The crowd was VERY loud after the concert, probably the loudest of the shows I've attended so far. Maynard actually stayed out with the band thanking the crowd the whole time.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

Great show, my 5th of the 10K days tour (9-11-06 Woodlands, 5-21-07 San Antonio, 5-22-07 Corpus Christi, 6-15-07 Bonnaroo) and one of the best, second only IMO to the Bonnaroo show. The sound was probably the better than any of the other shows I've attended.

I enjoyed Trans Am, I recommend people don't blow them off.

Pretty much all the same stage setup, however I noticed a one new addition. There were floating skulls w/ fetuses inside that appeared (I think during 46 & 2?). They were just projections on the large tapestry behind the band, but I had not noticed them before. Other than that, same as usual (read = FANTASTIC). The videos always seem to be slightly different, but the same for the most part. I was hoping to see the Vicarious video, but that was a no-go.

Flood was great, but I was really hoping to hear Pushit, I song I have not yet heard live. I enjoyed Maynard's gestures during Rosetta Stoned before he started the clap. Lateralus was fantastic as usual. However I wasn't too impressed with the drummer from Trans Am. He was decent, but all the other Lateralus breakdowns I've seen have been better. My favorite Lateralus jam that I've heard was probably during San Antonio's show with Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto from King Crimson

The crowd was VERY loud after the concert, probably the loudest of the shows I've attended so far. Maynard actually stayed out with the band thanking the crowd the whole time.
OFFLINE |