View Single Post
semi-sentient's Avatar semi-sentient
11-17-2007, 12:30 PM

5th Tool show for me, and it was awesome. I made a last minute decision to drive up to Houston (after seeing Wednesday's show in Austin) and it was well worth it -- even at $200 for 3rd row seats, dead center.

I had an amazing view of the band, and I thought the sound quality was better than Wednesday's show. There were a couple of instances where the vocals could have been louder, as well as Adam's guitar (particularly Rosetta Stoned), but Danny and Justin were damn near perfect. Danny is a damn machine, and he pretty much clowned the Trans Am drummer -- who had a hard time keeping up, but eventually caught on.

Wings/10k Days was fucking intense, primarily because I started peaking right around that time. The way it builds up is pretty amazing, and the visuals were unbelievable. I thought my damn head was going to explode. On a side note, I saw a bootleg recently of a show in 2001 (OKC) where they gathered around Danny and played Wings (no vocals), so apparently Wings/10K has been in the making for quite some time (is that around the time MJK's mother passed?).

Flood was awesome, once again, and I can't say enough about that Stinkfist/46&2/Schism trio. I like how they have the setlist layed out for this tour, although I would have liked for them to close with Right in Two instead of Vicarious (I suppose they have to play at least one radio song from that album).

The crowd was pretty cool as well, except for the fucking idiots that started fighting in the 1st row during Lateralus. That was the loudest ovation I've ever heard for Tool (San Antonio in 2001 was a close 2nd), and you can tell they were awed by it. Too bad they didn't schedule the LA or Vegas show(s) on a weekend. I would've considered flying up for one of those.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #22
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

5th Tool show for me, and it was awesome. I made a last minute decision to drive up to Houston (after seeing Wednesday's show in Austin) and it was well worth it -- even at $200 for 3rd row seats, dead center.

I had an amazing view of the band, and I thought the sound quality was better than Wednesday's show. There were a couple of instances where the vocals could have been louder, as well as Adam's guitar (particularly Rosetta Stoned), but Danny and Justin were damn near perfect. Danny is a damn machine, and he pretty much clowned the Trans Am drummer -- who had a hard time keeping up, but eventually caught on.

Wings/10k Days was fucking intense, primarily because I started peaking right around that time. The way it builds up is pretty amazing, and the visuals were unbelievable. I thought my damn head was going to explode. On a side note, I saw a bootleg recently of a show in 2001 (OKC) where they gathered around Danny and played Wings (no vocals), so apparently Wings/10K has been in the making for quite some time (is that around the time MJK's mother passed?).

Flood was awesome, once again, and I can't say enough about that Stinkfist/46&2/Schism trio. I like how they have the setlist layed out for this tour, although I would have liked for them to close with Right in Two instead of Vicarious (I suppose they have to play at least one radio song from that album).

The crowd was pretty cool as well, except for the fucking idiots that started fighting in the 1st row during Lateralus. That was the loudest ovation I've ever heard for Tool (San Antonio in 2001 was a close 2nd), and you can tell they were awed by it. Too bad they didn't schedule the LA or Vegas show(s) on a weekend. I would've considered flying up for one of those.