View Single Post
dave-tx
11-17-2007, 06:06 AM

He was commenting that their stagehands were reject Ooopa Loompas.

Very good show, as mentioned same setlist as in Austin (that's both good news and bad, I suppose). Sebastian Thomson of Trans Am sat in on the Lateralus drum jam and really tore it up. As Khadgar mentioned, the venue was big - a lot bigger than the Erwin Center. I think the sound was louder, or at least it certainly was where I was sitting.

Maynard had some very funny moments during Rosetta Stoned - hopefully the tapes will circulate and I'll get to hear what I thought I did - more of the "Whoo Hooo"'s from the night before and some amusing gesticulating (OK, I'll need the DVD to see THAT).

The crowd was pretty good, but I had the unforuntate annoyance of security checking tickets in my section around the end of 10k Days because some group of dipshits decided that's when they wanted to show up. Hopefully they enjoyed the last couple of songs. Before that, a good group of people in my section (dead center section E). Oh well - at least my wife didn't come with me, she really would have been mad.

Trans Am played a similar but not identical set to the night before. They were good - don't skip them to have an extra beer in the parking lot.

I'm guessing that this will be the last show they play in Texas in support of this album, so I'm happy to go out on this high note - two solid shows. I have to agree with the guy who sat behind me - this band is putting on the best live show out there right now.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-17-2007 at 06:11 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 16 Houston, TX Toyota Center

He was commenting that their stagehands were reject Ooopa Loompas.

Very good show, as mentioned same setlist as in Austin (that's both good news and bad, I suppose). Sebastian Thomson of Trans Am sat in on the Lateralus drum jam and really tore it up. As Khadgar mentioned, the venue was big - a lot bigger than the Erwin Center. I think the sound was louder, or at least it certainly was where I was sitting.

Maynard had some very funny moments during Rosetta Stoned - hopefully the tapes will circulate and I'll get to hear what I thought I did - more of the "Whoo Hooo"'s from the night before and some amusing gesticulating (OK, I'll need the DVD to see THAT).

The crowd was pretty good, but I had the unforuntate annoyance of security checking tickets in my section around the end of 10k Days because some group of dipshits decided that's when they wanted to show up. Hopefully they enjoyed the last couple of songs. Before that, a good group of people in my section (dead center section E). Oh well - at least my wife didn't come with me, she really would have been mad.

Trans Am played a similar but not identical set to the night before. They were good - don't skip them to have an extra beer in the parking lot.

I'm guessing that this will be the last show they play in Texas in support of this album, so I'm happy to go out on this high note - two solid shows. I have to agree with the guy who sat behind me - this band is putting on the best live show out there right now.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-17-2007 at 06:11 AM..
OFFLINE |