View Single Post
FlpFlpsnsox
11-15-2007, 05:50 AM

Definately a great show by the band, but I'd have to put it dead last out of the five times I've seen them on the 10,000 days tour. That's not really fair since I saw them at awesome venues like the Gorge and the Pearl but the Frank Erwin Center of course wasn't that great. The lasers had to fill too big of a space and the sound was loud but not the best. Someone else already mentioned that you couldn't hear the other drummer during Lateralus which was true. Made that whole drum off thing kinda boring since you couldn't hardly hear him. The fans around me were f*ing lame. There was a dad with two 9 year old kids that were nearly asleep after about four songs and a bunch of chubbies that were sitting down half the time and I don't think knew a single word to any of the songs. Maybe I was just unlucky with me neighbors but the fans were pretty lame. Flood was great. I hadn't heard that live. I haven't heard Right In Two so of course I was hoping for that and since they played Pushit a few times on the previous leg of the tour I was crossing my fingures but wasn't surprised they didn't play it. Like I said, the band was awesome. They put on a great show. You always want 10 more songs and changing up the set list a bit more would be nice but it's TOOL so I can't really complain.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 14 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center

Definately a great show by the band, but I'd have to put it dead last out of the five times I've seen them on the 10,000 days tour. That's not really fair since I saw them at awesome venues like the Gorge and the Pearl but the Frank Erwin Center of course wasn't that great. The lasers had to fill too big of a space and the sound was loud but not the best. Someone else already mentioned that you couldn't hear the other drummer during Lateralus which was true. Made that whole drum off thing kinda boring since you couldn't hardly hear him. The fans around me were f*ing lame. There was a dad with two 9 year old kids that were nearly asleep after about four songs and a bunch of chubbies that were sitting down half the time and I don't think knew a single word to any of the songs. Maybe I was just unlucky with me neighbors but the fans were pretty lame. Flood was great. I hadn't heard that live. I haven't heard Right In Two so of course I was hoping for that and since they played Pushit a few times on the previous leg of the tour I was crossing my fingures but wasn't surprised they didn't play it. Like I said, the band was awesome. They put on a great show. You always want 10 more songs and changing up the set list a bit more would be nice but it's TOOL so I can't really complain.
OFFLINE |