View Single Post
Khadgar346's Avatar Khadgar346
11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

The boys back in Austin and its been 5 years. Great show of course, and I had killer seats. Seation 5 row 5, dead center floor with really cool people all around me. The band had a lot of energy and the crowd seemed to feed off of it. Maynard seemed to enjoy the lack of flash cams and looked at the audience most of the time. Terry Bozzio came out for the drum off during lateralus and Maynard had the score cards out for that, of course giving Terry the better score. The micing on Terry's drums could have been better, it was rather hard to hear him. Terry is a local here in Austin so of course the band invited him on stage while they had the chance. The last Austin show back in 2002 Bozzio came out and played with Danny on Triad. His son his a huge fan as well.

Over all the setlist was the same as the last San Antone show back in the summer but instead of Right in Two they played Vicarious (no preview of the DVD music video BTW) Flood was a nice extra as well! They played it in Austin back in 2002 but they skipped the long intro, this time around we got the full version.

I love the set, but do they really need to play an interlude into Wings which is a longer interlude into 10k days? That alone ate up 30min of the show which I would have loved to hear a few other songs.

This "mini tour" seems to be no different than the rest of the 10k days tour if people are interested. I'm hitting the road tomorrow night for the Houston gig, lets hope we get one or two new songs for this show. They owe so much to Houston from the last time around (Maynard's voice dyed out) I know I'm not the only Austinite making this trek!

ps. congrats to the fan who caught Danny's drum head in section 6, row 7-8? I was inches away from grabbing it but was too short. Next time I will think to jump from my chair ;)

Last edited by Khadgar346; 11-15-2007 at 09:08 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 12
Re: Nov 14 Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center

The boys back in Austin and its been 5 years. Great show of course, and I had killer seats. Seation 5 row 5, dead center floor with really cool people all around me. The band had a lot of energy and the crowd seemed to feed off of it. Maynard seemed to enjoy the lack of flash cams and looked at the audience most of the time. Terry Bozzio came out for the drum off during lateralus and Maynard had the score cards out for that, of course giving Terry the better score. The micing on Terry's drums could have been better, it was rather hard to hear him. Terry is a local here in Austin so of course the band invited him on stage while they had the chance. The last Austin show back in 2002 Bozzio came out and played with Danny on Triad. His son his a huge fan as well.

Over all the setlist was the same as the last San Antone show back in the summer but instead of Right in Two they played Vicarious (no preview of the DVD music video BTW) Flood was a nice extra as well! They played it in Austin back in 2002 but they skipped the long intro, this time around we got the full version.

I love the set, but do they really need to play an interlude into Wings which is a longer interlude into 10k days? That alone ate up 30min of the show which I would have loved to hear a few other songs.

This "mini tour" seems to be no different than the rest of the 10k days tour if people are interested. I'm hitting the road tomorrow night for the Houston gig, lets hope we get one or two new songs for this show. They owe so much to Houston from the last time around (Maynard's voice dyed out) I know I'm not the only Austinite making this trek!

ps. congrats to the fan who caught Danny's drum head in section 6, row 7-8? I was inches away from grabbing it but was too short. Next time I will think to jump from my chair ;)

Last edited by Khadgar346; 11-15-2007 at 09:08 AM..
OFFLINE |