View Single Post
Laddermalice
01-21-2012, 12:10 AM

Maynard was finally turned up, and man was he killin' it tonight! Best Tool concert of the 4 I've seen. This was the one that redeemed all the awful to just-ok sound from previous ones. '98 was the worst sound wise but the one I always wanted a do-over on, and I thought I'd never get a chance to hear some of those songs again. Hooker-- killed it, felt like I was 18 again :-D . Pushit, oh man, I teared up-- killed it. Sober, surprise!- killed it! I agree Ticks is better as studio, got a taste of Danny's drums on it with a little joking around from Maynard and then, fuckin Sober! Can't believe I got to finally see and HEAR these live! Maynard really does love Dallas, he was hitting notes, holding notes, and putting his diaphragm into it, and the tone was wonderful, cool little flourishes and vocal tweaks that were fresh and added to the songs instead of seeming like compensations. AND THEN... Parabol/a! I about shit. Never got to hear that live before at all, sounded so good. The guest drummer was actually a badass on Lateralus, too, so the drum off didn't feel like a waste of time-- loved it! And to wrap it up, Maynard wailed on AEnima with great vocals, nothing was missing!

I of course want to give props to the rest of the guys cause they all did a great job, too, and they always do, but the whole band was really amazing tonight.

There was definitely a pretty long jam in there that sounded like a new song riff, btw, probably a good 2 minutes.

Maynard was so into it, laid back, joking, groovin' to the music like he gave a fuck. It felt like I'd (or he'd) gone back in time.

THANK YOU SOUND GUYS FOR FIXING THE MIX and THANK YOU MAYNARD FOR NOT HOLDING BACK!

I wonder how much Junior's huge LED wall cost... wow.

OH and to top it off, I got to spend the first half of the concert in 402 A, which was a great view with great sound thanks to the main repeaters hung around the balcony, and then a guy swapped tickets with me to be with his buddy in the next seat, so I got to go down to 101 P and get up close for the second half. What a night!

So broke, but so tempted to see what happens tomorrow night... Ughhhhh.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.20.2012 - Dallas, TX @ Verizon Arena

Maynard was finally turned up, and man was he killin' it tonight! Best Tool concert of the 4 I've seen. This was the one that redeemed all the awful to just-ok sound from previous ones. '98 was the worst sound wise but the one I always wanted a do-over on, and I thought I'd never get a chance to hear some of those songs again. Hooker-- killed it, felt like I was 18 again :-D . Pushit, oh man, I teared up-- killed it. Sober, surprise!- killed it! I agree Ticks is better as studio, got a taste of Danny's drums on it with a little joking around from Maynard and then, fuckin Sober! Can't believe I got to finally see and HEAR these live! Maynard really does love Dallas, he was hitting notes, holding notes, and putting his diaphragm into it, and the tone was wonderful, cool little flourishes and vocal tweaks that were fresh and added to the songs instead of seeming like compensations. AND THEN... Parabol/a! I about shit. Never got to hear that live before at all, sounded so good. The guest drummer was actually a badass on Lateralus, too, so the drum off didn't feel like a waste of time-- loved it! And to wrap it up, Maynard wailed on AEnima with great vocals, nothing was missing!

I of course want to give props to the rest of the guys cause they all did a great job, too, and they always do, but the whole band was really amazing tonight.

There was definitely a pretty long jam in there that sounded like a new song riff, btw, probably a good 2 minutes.

Maynard was so into it, laid back, joking, groovin' to the music like he gave a fuck. It felt like I'd (or he'd) gone back in time.

THANK YOU SOUND GUYS FOR FIXING THE MIX and THANK YOU MAYNARD FOR NOT HOLDING BACK!

I wonder how much Junior's huge LED wall cost... wow.

OH and to top it off, I got to spend the first half of the concert in 402 A, which was a great view with great sound thanks to the main repeaters hung around the balcony, and then a guy swapped tickets with me to be with his buddy in the next seat, so I got to go down to 101 P and get up close for the second half. What a night!

So broke, but so tempted to see what happens tomorrow night... Ughhhhh.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote