View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
01-16-2012, 12:46 AM

Two things to remember- 70, sperm

The performance-

MJK had somewhat of an off night. Forgetting an entire verse of lyrics to Schism and botching a handful of other parts throughout, including some in Lateralus and Aenema. That's fine but the mistakes were a bit uncharacteristic for him. He's probably still thinking about Puscifer at the moment.

And I really think he is paying a price on those old vocal chords by tackling Hooker and Ticks in a set like this. He was very careful with his range.

MJK musings aside- HOLY SHIT! The energy of the band was something to behold! Was it loose and a bit sloppy at times? Yes. But the set list was great. Danny and Justin came prepared as always and Adam was a rock. And props to MJK for really leaning into the vocals on Hooker. I probably could have walked out right after it was done and been happy forever.

Sound was just ok. I had a new set of earplugs I was trying out so that's on me. But in general I felt like I was missing some of Justin's bass and that lower range of notes (except for Danny's thundering bass kick- that came through just fine!)

Highlights visually were Forty-six&2 and Intension. (great job as always Junior)

Highlights musically outside of Hooker were Forty-six&2 and Intension. Funny how that works!

And while Aenema was not the tightest I've seen it, great energy on that one. The crowd ate it up.

Mandalay Bay/The venue-

Decent enough sound for such a big place and no problems getting in. Whoever thinks I am gonna pay $7 for a 12 oz bottle of beer here though must have been out their minds!

Misc-

Picked up a signed poster. Waited over 2 hours to do it. But I gotta say, it's a nice poster and looking forward to framing it and adding it to my very modest collection.

Ran into a board buddy later inside and had a good chat but other than that, flew mostly solo.

A great show overall!

Next up- Tuscan!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 01-16-2012 at 12:47 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: 01.15.2012 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Centre

Two things to remember- 70, sperm

The performance-

MJK had somewhat of an off night. Forgetting an entire verse of lyrics to Schism and botching a handful of other parts throughout, including some in Lateralus and Aenema. That's fine but the mistakes were a bit uncharacteristic for him. He's probably still thinking about Puscifer at the moment.

And I really think he is paying a price on those old vocal chords by tackling Hooker and Ticks in a set like this. He was very careful with his range.

MJK musings aside- HOLY SHIT! The energy of the band was something to behold! Was it loose and a bit sloppy at times? Yes. But the set list was great. Danny and Justin came prepared as always and Adam was a rock. And props to MJK for really leaning into the vocals on Hooker. I probably could have walked out right after it was done and been happy forever.

Sound was just ok. I had a new set of earplugs I was trying out so that's on me. But in general I felt like I was missing some of Justin's bass and that lower range of notes (except for Danny's thundering bass kick- that came through just fine!)

Highlights visually were Forty-six&2 and Intension. (great job as always Junior)

Highlights musically outside of Hooker were Forty-six&2 and Intension. Funny how that works!

And while Aenema was not the tightest I've seen it, great energy on that one. The crowd ate it up.

Mandalay Bay/The venue-

Decent enough sound for such a big place and no problems getting in. Whoever thinks I am gonna pay $7 for a 12 oz bottle of beer here though must have been out their minds!

Misc-

Picked up a signed poster. Waited over 2 hours to do it. But I gotta say, it's a nice poster and looking forward to framing it and adding it to my very modest collection.

Ran into a board buddy later inside and had a good chat but other than that, flew mostly solo.

A great show overall!

Next up- Tuscan!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 01-16-2012 at 12:47 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote