View Single Post
taylee
07-04-2007, 04:46 PM

This show was awesome, I was a little concerned about how Maynard may sound after reading other reviews where they said they could barely hear him or his voice was weak, but he sounded great, the whole band was great. I'm so glad they played Flood! That was the one song I wanted to hear and damn it was good. Maynard: "Cincinatti got this one right, don't disappoint me, don't disappoint me, what's round on the ends hi in the middle? Round on the ends hi in the middle?" I had no idea what in the hell he was talking about so I'm glad someone pointed out OHIO. Loved Maynard's dancing and the way he bends backward. He did not come to the front of the stage at all except at the end for the group hug. He said he would see us again soon and I certainly hope that is the case. I've heard people say they don't like Vicarious that much, and they must be nuts because I love it. I think it's the best song on 10,000 Days, and it's great live. Before Wings Maynard did his usual speech: "No flash photography on this song please, no flash photography". Is that because he actually faces the crowd during this song? Some asshole near me actually replied to Maynard's request with a loud fuck you. Thankfully there were not many asses in the crowd; not near me anyway. Glad to hear the Pot too! Much rather have the Pot and Flood than Right in Two.
Tool are just amazing, no band can compare to them and I feel so honored that they grace us mere mortals with their magic.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH

This show was awesome, I was a little concerned about how Maynard may sound after reading other reviews where they said they could barely hear him or his voice was weak, but he sounded great, the whole band was great. I'm so glad they played Flood! That was the one song I wanted to hear and damn it was good. Maynard: "Cincinatti got this one right, don't disappoint me, don't disappoint me, what's round on the ends hi in the middle? Round on the ends hi in the middle?" I had no idea what in the hell he was talking about so I'm glad someone pointed out OHIO. Loved Maynard's dancing and the way he bends backward. He did not come to the front of the stage at all except at the end for the group hug. He said he would see us again soon and I certainly hope that is the case. I've heard people say they don't like Vicarious that much, and they must be nuts because I love it. I think it's the best song on 10,000 Days, and it's great live. Before Wings Maynard did his usual speech: "No flash photography on this song please, no flash photography". Is that because he actually faces the crowd during this song? Some asshole near me actually replied to Maynard's request with a loud fuck you. Thankfully there were not many asses in the crowd; not near me anyway. Glad to hear the Pot too! Much rather have the Pot and Flood than Right in Two.
Tool are just amazing, no band can compare to them and I feel so honored that they grace us mere mortals with their magic.
OFFLINE |