View Single Post
Sum Fui Futurus
06-24-2007, 08:38 AM

This is a musicians review as a fan and critic. It was my first and will probably be my last Tool show. With that, I tried to appreciate the experiance in its entiredy. I did not buy a $40 dollar shirt or a $6 beer. I didn't have front row seats.

I figured MJK, Adam, Justin, & Danney would be tired by this point in the tour. At some points in the show they seemed a little fatuiged from the rigour of repetition, but it didn't seem to make any of the songs suck. I like how someone previously said "Maynard must have taken his Midol". I was thinking the same thing. Also, I was nervous Adam was gonna screw up or Maynardwas going to bust his ass while doing that Matrix crap. I guess it would be kind of funny, but self mutilating to see a few of your heroes show they too are just human. Justin basically laid on the floor most of the show. I thought about collecting the energy to try and appreciate Melt Banana, but took a piss instead. That guy who came out and played the Djembe sucked. Danny manipulated 16 thousand heartbeats with his tribal rhythm. All the while that guy on the Djembe made Melt Banana look even dumber. On a different note it was a complete positive experiance. Tool will have a place in my heart as long as it beats.

I was wondering if maybe Maynard wasn't comfortable singing because he wasn't signing very loud. Danny played every single fucking fucked up beat, time change, and lick I have ever aggressively recited and repeated through my head since my freshman year of high school. It feels so good to just close your eyes and feel the music live. To me, Tool has always seemed so "god-like". It fullfilling to have closure. My favorite song was schism. " Cold silence has a tendancy to atrophy any sence of compassion." Hearing him sing that, it felt like he was assuring me of something. Ok this isnt a review anymore sorry Im done. Good show!

Last edited by Sum Fui Futurus; 06-24-2007 at 08:45 AM..
Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/22 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Arena

This is a musicians review as a fan and critic. It was my first and will probably be my last Tool show. With that, I tried to appreciate the experiance in its entiredy. I did not buy a $40 dollar shirt or a $6 beer. I didn't have front row seats.

I figured MJK, Adam, Justin, & Danney would be tired by this point in the tour. At some points in the show they seemed a little fatuiged from the rigour of repetition, but it didn't seem to make any of the songs suck. I like how someone previously said "Maynard must have taken his Midol". I was thinking the same thing. Also, I was nervous Adam was gonna screw up or Maynardwas going to bust his ass while doing that Matrix crap. I guess it would be kind of funny, but self mutilating to see a few of your heroes show they too are just human. Justin basically laid on the floor most of the show. I thought about collecting the energy to try and appreciate Melt Banana, but took a piss instead. That guy who came out and played the Djembe sucked. Danny manipulated 16 thousand heartbeats with his tribal rhythm. All the while that guy on the Djembe made Melt Banana look even dumber. On a different note it was a complete positive experiance. Tool will have a place in my heart as long as it beats.

I was wondering if maybe Maynard wasn't comfortable singing because he wasn't signing very loud. Danny played every single fucking fucked up beat, time change, and lick I have ever aggressively recited and repeated through my head since my freshman year of high school. It feels so good to just close your eyes and feel the music live. To me, Tool has always seemed so "god-like". It fullfilling to have closure. My favorite song was schism. " Cold silence has a tendancy to atrophy any sence of compassion." Hearing him sing that, it felt like he was assuring me of something. Ok this isnt a review anymore sorry Im done. Good show!

Last edited by Sum Fui Futurus; 06-24-2007 at 08:45 AM..
OFFLINE |