View Single Post
Permanent Eden
06-23-2007, 07:40 AM

Ok here's a more coherent review.

Melt Banana - They had great energy and were really into their music. the problem was the instruments drowned out the lead singer. You could tell she was singing and could even hear her voice but we had no clue was she was saying. It just sounded like mumbling. The music itself was actually not half bad. I would've like to have been able to hear the lead better though.

Jambi - Wow, what else can you say about one of the more intense songs from 10,000 days. Maynard was really into it too. He did the famous hat dance and also was doing the "thrust" quite a bit.

Stinkfist - It was great, especially the extended part. It did sound like the crowd started to sing "I'll Keep..." but they stopped pretty quickly once they realized it wasn't at that point in the song yet. I think it's really interesting that Maynard leaves the stage during the extended solos.

The Pot - It sounded really good live. I didn't make out any straining of Maynard's voice so that was a major plus. I was so excited they were actually playing it I forgot what happened for the first couple minutes of the song. Good listen but nothing really spectacular (except for Danny's usual godlike performance).

46 & 2 - This was the song the crowd seemed to be the most into. For good reason. As someone said above it was one of the best songs of the night. Started out subdued and then kicked into a full on frenzy near the middle and end. The song rocked me and most everyone around me.

Schism - Somewhat like The Pot in terms of earth shattering. It was good and the extended portion again was incredible. But it just wasn't as crowd inducing as 46 & 2. Not sure why cuz I was beyond psyched for it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned - Wow, I didn't know anyone could talk that fast. It was amazing how fast Maynard was going. It was better than I expected it to be. The "singing" parts were really good. I kind of wish we would have been able to hear Maynard a little more clearly. We could hear him going but couldn't make out the lyrics. Since he was going so fast it was kind of hard to tell where he was in the song. The visuals were really trippy as was expected.

Intension/Right In Two - I'm not sure if people knew what song this was at first (during Intension). I got the feeling by looking at the floor they were unsure what to do. They kind of just stood there and looked around. But once it kicked into Right in Two they got going. The beginning of the song was slow and almost soothing. Then the guys went off. The portion of the song "fight for the love..." was outstanding. All 4 of them blew it out of the water. I have a new appreciation for that song.

Wings For Marie/10,000 Days - The lasers were unbelievable. I was looking around a lot to see all the effects. I wasn't high or drunk but during that song I felt high. It was just an unreal experience. The two girls in front of me were trying to dance and couldn't find the rhythm. When I say dance I mean grind on each other.I thought that was kind of funny. When maynard sang "Give me my wings!" the lasers moved and the back screen dropped the 10,000 Days album artwork. I can't describe how amazing that part was.

Lateralus - My personal favorite song. I'm not sure why but the crowd seemed out of it for most of the song. The people next to me even left right as it was going on. I thought the Melt Banana drummer (I'm guessing) on the bongos was really cool. It added something to the song. Danny Carey is once again no mortal man. He was crazy during the extended part. It seemed nearly perfect to me. I couldn't have asked for a better rendition.

Vicarious - Right as Justin started to play Maynard told him "Justin hold on. Someone wants me to listen to this demo. I'll be back in 10 minutes after I listen to this fuckin demo....(crowd boos) ok nevermind." He hadn't been very talkative but it was nice to see he sort of shrugged that off. He held the mic out to the crowd to sing "Vicariously I Live While the Whole World Dies". The first half of that line was inaudible cuz I'm not sure the crowd knew what he was doing. Then it got louder and you could make out the lyrics from the crowd. He finished "Much Better You Than I" and it was great. He also sang the la-la-la-la-la-lie towards the end of that part of the song.

They finished and the crowd went crazy of course. It was really loud in there. I'm still trying to get my hearing back. This is when I wished I could've gotten floor seats. They start throwing anything and everything to the front rows. Danny's drum sticks, water bottles, and it looked like Danny took the covers (not sure what they're called) off his drums and frisbeed them into the crowd. Then they shared a group hug and applauded the crowd.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/22 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Arena

Ok here's a more coherent review.

Melt Banana - They had great energy and were really into their music. the problem was the instruments drowned out the lead singer. You could tell she was singing and could even hear her voice but we had no clue was she was saying. It just sounded like mumbling. The music itself was actually not half bad. I would've like to have been able to hear the lead better though.

Jambi - Wow, what else can you say about one of the more intense songs from 10,000 days. Maynard was really into it too. He did the famous hat dance and also was doing the "thrust" quite a bit.

Stinkfist - It was great, especially the extended part. It did sound like the crowd started to sing "I'll Keep..." but they stopped pretty quickly once they realized it wasn't at that point in the song yet. I think it's really interesting that Maynard leaves the stage during the extended solos.

The Pot - It sounded really good live. I didn't make out any straining of Maynard's voice so that was a major plus. I was so excited they were actually playing it I forgot what happened for the first couple minutes of the song. Good listen but nothing really spectacular (except for Danny's usual godlike performance).

46 & 2 - This was the song the crowd seemed to be the most into. For good reason. As someone said above it was one of the best songs of the night. Started out subdued and then kicked into a full on frenzy near the middle and end. The song rocked me and most everyone around me.

Schism - Somewhat like The Pot in terms of earth shattering. It was good and the extended portion again was incredible. But it just wasn't as crowd inducing as 46 & 2. Not sure why cuz I was beyond psyched for it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned - Wow, I didn't know anyone could talk that fast. It was amazing how fast Maynard was going. It was better than I expected it to be. The "singing" parts were really good. I kind of wish we would have been able to hear Maynard a little more clearly. We could hear him going but couldn't make out the lyrics. Since he was going so fast it was kind of hard to tell where he was in the song. The visuals were really trippy as was expected.

Intension/Right In Two - I'm not sure if people knew what song this was at first (during Intension). I got the feeling by looking at the floor they were unsure what to do. They kind of just stood there and looked around. But once it kicked into Right in Two they got going. The beginning of the song was slow and almost soothing. Then the guys went off. The portion of the song "fight for the love..." was outstanding. All 4 of them blew it out of the water. I have a new appreciation for that song.

Wings For Marie/10,000 Days - The lasers were unbelievable. I was looking around a lot to see all the effects. I wasn't high or drunk but during that song I felt high. It was just an unreal experience. The two girls in front of me were trying to dance and couldn't find the rhythm. When I say dance I mean grind on each other.I thought that was kind of funny. When maynard sang "Give me my wings!" the lasers moved and the back screen dropped the 10,000 Days album artwork. I can't describe how amazing that part was.

Lateralus - My personal favorite song. I'm not sure why but the crowd seemed out of it for most of the song. The people next to me even left right as it was going on. I thought the Melt Banana drummer (I'm guessing) on the bongos was really cool. It added something to the song. Danny Carey is once again no mortal man. He was crazy during the extended part. It seemed nearly perfect to me. I couldn't have asked for a better rendition.

Vicarious - Right as Justin started to play Maynard told him "Justin hold on. Someone wants me to listen to this demo. I'll be back in 10 minutes after I listen to this fuckin demo....(crowd boos) ok nevermind." He hadn't been very talkative but it was nice to see he sort of shrugged that off. He held the mic out to the crowd to sing "Vicariously I Live While the Whole World Dies". The first half of that line was inaudible cuz I'm not sure the crowd knew what he was doing. Then it got louder and you could make out the lyrics from the crowd. He finished "Much Better You Than I" and it was great. He also sang the la-la-la-la-la-lie towards the end of that part of the song.

They finished and the crowd went crazy of course. It was really loud in there. I'm still trying to get my hearing back. This is when I wished I could've gotten floor seats. They start throwing anything and everything to the front rows. Danny's drum sticks, water bottles, and it looked like Danny took the covers (not sure what they're called) off his drums and frisbeed them into the crowd. Then they shared a group hug and applauded the crowd.
OFFLINE |