View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #19
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310
Re: Kundalini Awakening and Lateralus

Kundalini is an interesting topic, but it should be discussed in S&P separate from Lateralus. Hear me out, I'm not bashing you.
Tool is a Band comprised of members that are interested in the esoteric, but are far from masters of the ancient practice or they wouldn't be in a rock band that is so far from the meditative life. If they really knew anything about this type of spirituality in practice they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. They use this shit to sell more records and perpetuate a mystery of nothing. They are Kids from suburbia that moved to LA to be famous, as much as they try to deny it and look above it. They fooled me for a long time and I think they are great artists that channel some very strange and interesting energies, but hey are not monks, ascetics, magicians of any kind, or anything else that they may make reference to. If anything, this shows up in there music because they Wish they were there instead of on tour. I personally think Maynard is the only one that even studies Buddhist and Hindu Philosophy and maybe Justin.
My point is that by saying that the band intended to make an album about Kundalini really just discredits the band and Kundalini, there may be crossover associations that can be made but, they are better discussed separately if you want either discussion to be a sober one.

Also, I think they are more or less promoters of these ideas than the actual holders and practitioners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
wow it feels like 2003 in here
lol

Last edited by TOD; 07-09-2010 at 03:52 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote