View Single Post
01-25-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened One View Post
Thats an interesting theory. I don't think that your really getting the meaning of Vicarious. Listen to the song many, many, many more times. OK? At least read the lyrics a couple times. Think what you want to think but there is no way that this song is about a hosptal hallway.
The hospital idea is interesting. I took the lyrics and started thinking how could a hospital hallway relate to the lyrics. The outcome of my thinking might differ from the OP's one, but maybe it could develop the conversation to new branches.

Quote:
Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor it happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband" ...
"Drowned by the ocean" ...
"Shot by his own son" ...
"She used a poison in his tea,
Then (she) kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies.
Watching the televisions and the patients as walking by the rooms in the hospital. The news in the television seems so distant and thrilling. However, when looking at the patients it is more real and "its no fun till someone dies" since they represent the people behind the news, who have survived some tragedy and now have to live it.

Quote:
Don't look at me like I am a monster
Frown out your one face, but with the other (you)
Stare like a junkie into the TV
Stare like a zombie while the mother holds her child,
Watches him die,
Hands to the sky cryin "why, oh why?"
Maybe the patient in one room notices your tragedy tourism and gives you disrespectful face, but in reality the patient is just like you - the only difference is that the patient follows the TV.

Quote:
Cause I need to watch things die from a distance
Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies
You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowin'
Neither the brave nor bold
Nor brightest of stories told

I need to watch things die from a good safe distance
You all feel the same so why can't we just admit it?
We all benefit from tragedies, and it would be rad to acknowledge it.

Quote:
Blood like rain fallin' down
Drum on grave and ground

Part vampire, part warrior,
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the transmittal.
Sing to the death rattle.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie (x4)
Now you get to the person you are supposed to visit in the hospital. He is not in good condition and the situation does not look good for him.

You stare at the heart rate machine that reflects his bad condition, but you decide to talk positive and sing the lies to the death rattle.

One some level you might benefit from the situation, on some other level you do not. You are part vampire, part warrior.

Quote:
Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
And give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...
The patient talks about what if some miracle happens through some person/doctor and his state would be improved drastically.

However, you know this would not be the case. You think the patient should take a look around at the other patients and how everyone else are just hanging there for their own survival.

Quote:
We all feed on tragedy.
It's like blood to a vampire.
The tragedies are everywhere, and in some form or another we all benefit from it.

Quote:
Much better you than I.
Now you are leaving the hospital, and for sure you do not want to be in the place of some of those patients.

Last edited by 0.618; 01-25-2010 at 05:32 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 05:25 AM   #7

Bincount™: 391
Re: halls of hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened One View Post
Thats an interesting theory. I don't think that your really getting the meaning of Vicarious. Listen to the song many, many, many more times. OK? At least read the lyrics a couple times. Think what you want to think but there is no way that this song is about a hosptal hallway.
The hospital idea is interesting. I took the lyrics and started thinking how could a hospital hallway relate to the lyrics. The outcome of my thinking might differ from the OP's one, but maybe it could develop the conversation to new branches.

Quote:
Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor it happens to be

Like:
"Killed by the husband" ...
"Drowned by the ocean" ...
"Shot by his own son" ...
"She used a poison in his tea,
Then (she) kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies.
Watching the televisions and the patients as walking by the rooms in the hospital. The news in the television seems so distant and thrilling. However, when looking at the patients it is more real and "its no fun till someone dies" since they represent the people behind the news, who have survived some tragedy and now have to live it.

Quote:
Don't look at me like I am a monster
Frown out your one face, but with the other (you)
Stare like a junkie into the TV
Stare like a zombie while the mother holds her child,
Watches him die,
Hands to the sky cryin "why, oh why?"
Maybe the patient in one room notices your tragedy tourism and gives you disrespectful face, but in reality the patient is just like you - the only difference is that the patient follows the TV.

Quote:
Cause I need to watch things die from a distance
You all need it too - don't lie.

Neither the brave nor bold
Nor brightest of stories told

I need to watch things die from a good safe distance
You all feel the same so why can't we just admit it?
We all benefit from tragedies, and it would be rad to acknowledge it.

Quote:
Blood like rain fallin' down
Drum on grave and ground

Part vampire, part warrior,
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the transmittal.
Sing to the death rattle.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie (x4)
Now you get to the person you are supposed to visit in the hospital. He is not in good condition and the situation does not look good for him.

You stare at the heart rate machine that reflects his bad condition, but you decide to talk positive and sing the lies to the death rattle.

One some level you might benefit from the situation, on some other level you do not. You are part vampire, part warrior.

Quote:
Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
And give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...
The patient talks about what if some miracle happens through some person/doctor and his state would be improved drastically.

However, you know this would not be the case. You think the patient should take a look around at the other patients and how everyone else are just hanging there for their own survival.

Quote:
We all feed on tragedy.
It's like blood to a vampire.
The tragedies are everywhere, and in some form or another we all benefit from it.

Quote:
Much better you than I.
Now you are leaving the hospital, and for sure you do not want to be in the place of some of those patients.

Last edited by 0.618; 01-25-2010 at 05:32 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote