View Single Post
62827's Avatar 62827
05-15-2011, 03:12 PM

People need to stop saying this song is "Undertow-ish". It's definitely not Undertow related, if anything I thought it was the passive sequel to Hooker With A Penis because it deals with Maynard venting his frustrations at a particular issue. I guess alot of songs off Undertow follow the same trend, but they all have deeper metaphorical meanings than The Pot (well most of them do anyway). I fucking love this song and I don't care what people say, great bass line thats simple but catchy (and damn fun to play, makes me feel like a badass) and the lyrics flow well with it too. Also I feel like people just thought it was cool to bash on The Pot because everyone called it "simple" and "silly". Lastly, Maynard doesn't sound black at all. The people who said that are fucking retarded no offense. Go listen to some Jay-Z or Tupac then come back and tell me he sounds black or that he's "rapping". He's just singing in this high octave range that he usually doesn't sing in, so he doesn't sound like mature Maynard. if anything I was thinking of the angry version of Robert Plant singing this because of the high vocal range (I would love to hear him sing this song!)
Old 05-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #141
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Why is it people don't like this song?

People need to stop saying this song is "Undertow-ish". It's definitely not Undertow related, if anything I thought it was the passive sequel to Hooker With A Penis because it deals with Maynard venting his frustrations at a particular issue. I guess alot of songs off Undertow follow the same trend, but they all have deeper metaphorical meanings than The Pot (well most of them do anyway). I fucking love this song and I don't care what people say, great bass line thats simple but catchy (and damn fun to play, makes me feel like a badass) and the lyrics flow well with it too. Also I feel like people just thought it was cool to bash on The Pot because everyone called it "simple" and "silly". Lastly, Maynard doesn't sound black at all. The people who said that are fucking retarded no offense. Go listen to some Jay-Z or Tupac then come back and tell me he sounds black or that he's "rapping". He's just singing in this high octave range that he usually doesn't sing in, so he doesn't sound like mature Maynard. if anything I was thinking of the angry version of Robert Plant singing this because of the high vocal range (I would love to hear him sing this song!)