View Single Post
NamasteChris
06-28-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHazel View Post
This was my first time experiencing Tool live in concert, so there was a lot of anticipation leading up to the show. I was not disappointed! They completely lived up to my expectations (based on what I had heard about their live performances), though I do wish that the vocals had been turned up a bit. Good music is music that you want to be completely surrounded and enveloped by, and that is precisely how I felt at the show. It was great to feel so far away from everyday distractions for those two hours. I'm very grateful for that.

I'm not surprised to read that other people shared a negative experience with the ass who claimed he worked for Spin Magazine. He had the nerve to tell me that if he didn't see me rocking out enough he would push his way in front of me. (I'm a girl at a whopping 5'6" height.) As soon as the show started I looked over to see him with his fingers in his ears! WTF? Who covers their ears at a Tool concert? I honestly think he liked hearing the sound of his own voice more than the live music. He kept hitting me in the head when he was "rocking out". Eventually the other couple in my group managed to squeeze themselves between myself and him and I was able to enjoy the show fully. If he really does work for Spin Magazine, shame on them. They should be embarrassed for actually giving this guy a paycheck.

That aside, thank you Tool for an amazing show!
I'm very glad you had a great time for your first show and sorry you had to deal with Krispy Kreme as well. In fact, I think you might have wound up right next to my wife and I. It quite possibly could have been yet another couple moving out of range of his antics, but if you were with a guy with a dark beard and a slightly older taller guy then you are who I'm thinking of. Most definitely the most obnoxious ass I've ever encountered at a Tool show.

As for the show, it was amazing. You got a real treat there. I hope you get to experience many more. PEACE
Old 06-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.26.2010 - St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHazel View Post
This was my first time experiencing Tool live in concert, so there was a lot of anticipation leading up to the show. I was not disappointed! They completely lived up to my expectations (based on what I had heard about their live performances), though I do wish that the vocals had been turned up a bit. Good music is music that you want to be completely surrounded and enveloped by, and that is precisely how I felt at the show. It was great to feel so far away from everyday distractions for those two hours. I'm very grateful for that.

I'm not surprised to read that other people shared a negative experience with the ass who claimed he worked for Spin Magazine. He had the nerve to tell me that if he didn't see me rocking out enough he would push his way in front of me. (I'm a girl at a whopping 5'6" height.) As soon as the show started I looked over to see him with his fingers in his ears! WTF? Who covers their ears at a Tool concert? I honestly think he liked hearing the sound of his own voice more than the live music. He kept hitting me in the head when he was "rocking out". Eventually the other couple in my group managed to squeeze themselves between myself and him and I was able to enjoy the show fully. If he really does work for Spin Magazine, shame on them. They should be embarrassed for actually giving this guy a paycheck.

That aside, thank you Tool for an amazing show!
I'm very glad you had a great time for your first show and sorry you had to deal with Krispy Kreme as well. In fact, I think you might have wound up right next to my wife and I. It quite possibly could have been yet another couple moving out of range of his antics, but if you were with a guy with a dark beard and a slightly older taller guy then you are who I'm thinking of. Most definitely the most obnoxious ass I've ever encountered at a Tool show.

As for the show, it was amazing. You got a real treat there. I hope you get to experience many more. PEACE
OFFLINE |