View Single Post
SIU LAW
06-27-2010, 01:58 PM

At the risk of sounding like a complainer, I thought this show was good, but not great. I am a huge TOOL fan, and this was my third tour, so I hate to be somewhat negative.

MJK's voice just did not seem to be consistently there, and I felt that the band strangely seemed out of step with one another at times. Someone said "loose," and I think that is a pretty fair critique. Especially on Jambi. Pretty surprising I must say, based off of past performances I have seen.

I also felt like the visuals were a step down from the past two tours. Perhaps it just because I have seen them before, the effect of the visuals have wore off for me.

With all that said, there were positives, with Stinkfist and the extended section of the song, being one of them. I hope to catch them again when they tour some new material.

Last edited by SIU LAW; 06-27-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.26.2010 - St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena

At the risk of sounding like a complainer, I thought this show was good, but not great. I am a huge TOOL fan, and this was my third tour, so I hate to be somewhat negative.

MJK's voice just did not seem to be consistently there, and I felt that the band strangely seemed out of step with one another at times. Someone said "loose," and I think that is a pretty fair critique. Especially on Jambi. Pretty surprising I must say, based off of past performances I have seen.

I also felt like the visuals were a step down from the past two tours. Perhaps it just because I have seen them before, the effect of the visuals have wore off for me.

With all that said, there were positives, with Stinkfist and the extended section of the song, being one of them. I hope to catch them again when they tour some new material.

Last edited by SIU LAW; 06-27-2010 at 02:28 PM..
OFFLINE |