View Single Post
SterileEyes
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM

Ok, first of all, to Quantum - I read what you wrote after your first post and that's cool, no hard feelings, but so you know it wasn't my intent to be elitist or mock you. My whole point is, to me, it's a shame they're not more exciting to see more than once.

The show itself was the best performance I've seen out of the three, I never said it 'wasn't the best show', or that they fucked up musically (the few fuckups I heard were awesome, it gave the show life for me) it's just...like someone else said, like watching the same movie 3 times.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid. When I saw the tour for the first time last year, even though I knew what song was coming before it started, I was ecstatic and it was a great time.

It's not about 'stay home if you know you're going to get the same show'. I never know when the band might break up. I don't know what my life will be like in 5 years, maybe I won't be able to go see them again. Also, I went with an old buddy of mine who's favorite band is Tool - he is now married with a little girl and doesn't often get the opportunity to see shows, so it was a great time and I don't regret going one bit.

I love the band. All I said was I wish they'd change their setlist more, especially over the course of two years and hundreds of shows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next thing - the guy that wrote "Tool could play a 5 hour set and people would still complain"....c'mon.

I said they've played the same 15 songs for two years. Rehearse 25 or 30. I don't care if I don't hear Schism every night. I understand they have an album to promote. I didn't say don't play Wings. Just, swap one or two songs a night. If nothing else for their own excitement. If they were to say they're tired of touring at some point, playing the same show 200 times would be a good reason for that.

It's my opinion. Geez.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent View Post
I'm sorry. . . but this is just about the most narcissistic self-indulgent crap review I've ever read of anything anywhere in my whole life.

Tool doesn't need to "JAM". YOU need to take LOTS of drugs or go skydiving with a nice chute failure or perhaps get attacked by a large dog. Something to sit you down and engender a touch of humility.

Yes Tool, what you need to do is get rid of that pesky show and all of that obnoxious rigidity and get back to the days when you just JAMMED on songs like The Grudge and Eulogy. You know. . . like Phish! God help us.

The show was phenomenal. Period. A natural development of everything that has come before in past tours both musically and theatrically. Truly something to see for our time. No one out there is doing it better in terms of authenticity and singularity of vision.

If you missed it, then there's good news. . . it's only getting better and better. I can't wait for next time.

If you didn't GET IT, or perhaps you're disappointed in the set list, then I have bad news for you. It's only getting better and better and you're STILL not gonna get it or LIKE the set list or Maynard's position on stage or Adam's lack of movement or whatever else it is you long for. But hey, I hear Night Ranger's still touring!
I believe you just called that guy narcissistic for expressing his opinion.

Are you saying that only your opinion counts? Only your interpretation is valid? Only you and people who think everything they do is 100% perfect and immune from criticism truly GET IT? Is that not...narcisisstic?

We all buy the albums and pay to see the shows and we should all be entitled to share our thoughts.

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!

Last edited by SterileEyes; 12-13-2007 at 11:01 PM..
Old 12-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #74
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Ok, first of all, to Quantum - I read what you wrote after your first post and that's cool, no hard feelings, but so you know it wasn't my intent to be elitist or mock you. My whole point is, to me, it's a shame they're not more exciting to see more than once.

The show itself was the best performance I've seen out of the three, I never said it 'wasn't the best show', or that they fucked up musically (the few fuckups I heard were awesome, it gave the show life for me) it's just...like someone else said, like watching the same movie 3 times.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid. When I saw the tour for the first time last year, even though I knew what song was coming before it started, I was ecstatic and it was a great time.

It's not about 'stay home if you know you're going to get the same show'. I never know when the band might break up. I don't know what my life will be like in 5 years, maybe I won't be able to go see them again. Also, I went with an old buddy of mine who's favorite band is Tool - he is now married with a little girl and doesn't often get the opportunity to see shows, so it was a great time and I don't regret going one bit.

I love the band. All I said was I wish they'd change their setlist more, especially over the course of two years and hundreds of shows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next thing - the guy that wrote "Tool could play a 5 hour set and people would still complain"....c'mon.

I said they've played the same 15 songs for two years. Rehearse 25 or 30. I don't care if I don't hear Schism every night. I understand they have an album to promote. I didn't say don't play Wings. Just, swap one or two songs a night. If nothing else for their own excitement. If they were to say they're tired of touring at some point, playing the same show 200 times would be a good reason for that.

It's my opinion. Geez.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent View Post
I'm sorry. . . but this is just about the most narcissistic self-indulgent crap review I've ever read of anything anywhere in my whole life.

Tool doesn't need to "JAM". YOU need to take LOTS of drugs or go skydiving with a nice chute failure or perhaps get attacked by a large dog. Something to sit you down and engender a touch of humility.

Yes Tool, what you need to do is get rid of that pesky show and all of that obnoxious rigidity and get back to the days when you just JAMMED on songs like The Grudge and Eulogy. You know. . . like Phish! God help us.

The show was phenomenal. Period. A natural development of everything that has come before in past tours both musically and theatrically. Truly something to see for our time. No one out there is doing it better in terms of authenticity and singularity of vision.

If you missed it, then there's good news. . . it's only getting better and better. I can't wait for next time.

If you didn't GET IT, or perhaps you're disappointed in the set list, then I have bad news for you. It's only getting better and better and you're STILL not gonna get it or LIKE the set list or Maynard's position on stage or Adam's lack of movement or whatever else it is you long for. But hey, I hear Night Ranger's still touring!
I believe you just called that guy narcissistic for expressing his opinion.

Are you saying that only your opinion counts? Only your interpretation is valid? Only you and people who think everything they do is 100% perfect and immune from criticism truly GET IT? Is that not...narcisisstic?

We all buy the albums and pay to see the shows and we should all be entitled to share our thoughts.

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!

Last edited by SterileEyes; 12-13-2007 at 11:01 PM..
OFFLINE |