View Single Post
mnb808
12-13-2007, 01:28 AM

This was my 25th show. It was my 3rd on the 10,000 Days tour. This was definitely the best out of the three I saw (others were Coachella & Staples). I gotta say that I thought they sounded fuckin' great, and had a good amount of energy. Wings/10,000 Days sounded great, Lateralus was awesome like always, Vicarious was thumping, but Flood ruled the night! The light show was great...BUT...I really hope that if and when they come back around for another tour (hopefully for their next album) that they'll just ditch the lights and videos, and just go back to playing many different songs on different nights, and hopefully for more than just a 90 minute set. There's nothing like hearing some old gems, and seeing a show that lasts over 2 hours. Because I've been reading up on their recent setlist, I knew what every single song was going to be before they even started playing it. That didn't add any excitement to the show. Regardless, Tool is still the best fucking band out there, and I hope to god that this wasn't the last time I'll get to see them. Oh yeah...and I got a lithograph. Fuckin' sweet. Can't wait to see the Vicarious DVD. Only Tool would put out the video to their first single over a year after the album came out.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #67
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

This was my 25th show. It was my 3rd on the 10,000 Days tour. This was definitely the best out of the three I saw (others were Coachella & Staples). I gotta say that I thought they sounded fuckin' great, and had a good amount of energy. Wings/10,000 Days sounded great, Lateralus was awesome like always, Vicarious was thumping, but Flood ruled the night! The light show was great...BUT...I really hope that if and when they come back around for another tour (hopefully for their next album) that they'll just ditch the lights and videos, and just go back to playing many different songs on different nights, and hopefully for more than just a 90 minute set. There's nothing like hearing some old gems, and seeing a show that lasts over 2 hours. Because I've been reading up on their recent setlist, I knew what every single song was going to be before they even started playing it. That didn't add any excitement to the show. Regardless, Tool is still the best fucking band out there, and I hope to god that this wasn't the last time I'll get to see them. Oh yeah...and I got a lithograph. Fuckin' sweet. Can't wait to see the Vicarious DVD. Only Tool would put out the video to their first single over a year after the album came out.
OFFLINE |