View Single Post
losinvenice
12-12-2007, 06:06 PM

Its almost as if people who are complaining about setlist, audience members, venues, prices, band members, etc have no inkling of realization of what reality actually is.
First, you live in LOS ANGELES, the epicenter of posers, hipsters, wanna be's, know it alls and fakeness. Are you really that surprised when you are surrounded by people who have no clue or idea of what is transcending before their eyes.

As far as the setlist. I have been lucky enough to have seen TOOL many times since 92 and feel privileged each and every time I am able to be a part of what they work so hard to create. Sure, there are better shows than others and everyone has their own favorite songs for whatever reason, but in order to accept and appreciate art you must try and realize what it was like to walk in the artist shoes at that given time when they created.

Sure, songs like Pushit, Jimmy, Eulogy, The Grudge kick major ass, but how would you feel about reliving a very difficult time in your life over and over again, night after night.
Do you not think that Wings For Marie/10,000 days, which even makes a complete stranger weep, does not serve as a cathartic and draining experience for each band member, obviously more so for MJK.

This show kicked ass....PERIOD. Every show I have seen has kicked ass! When i saw the warm-up tour in NYC at The City Center, we got Right In Two....at Staples last year we got The Pot. The truth is that they have obviously been meticulous about this tour and have finally all landed on the same page as to what they are comfortable with expressing and sharing with the audience.

Be happy with your experience, wether you sat next to some jerk off or if Adam missed a note or MJK didn't scream his vocal chords out of his throat. Can you imagine doing what he does night after night in your 40's? I think not.

Here's to TOOL for another solid performance. Never a complaint and never a doubt.
This is solidity at it's best. From the band to the crew.

Cheers.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
NOKIA LOS ANGELES

Its almost as if people who are complaining about setlist, audience members, venues, prices, band members, etc have no inkling of realization of what reality actually is.
First, you live in LOS ANGELES, the epicenter of posers, hipsters, wanna be's, know it alls and fakeness. Are you really that surprised when you are surrounded by people who have no clue or idea of what is transcending before their eyes.

As far as the setlist. I have been lucky enough to have seen TOOL many times since 92 and feel privileged each and every time I am able to be a part of what they work so hard to create. Sure, there are better shows than others and everyone has their own favorite songs for whatever reason, but in order to accept and appreciate art you must try and realize what it was like to walk in the artist shoes at that given time when they created.

Sure, songs like Pushit, Jimmy, Eulogy, The Grudge kick major ass, but how would you feel about reliving a very difficult time in your life over and over again, night after night.
Do you not think that Wings For Marie/10,000 days, which even makes a complete stranger weep, does not serve as a cathartic and draining experience for each band member, obviously more so for MJK.

This show kicked ass....PERIOD. Every show I have seen has kicked ass! When i saw the warm-up tour in NYC at The City Center, we got Right In Two....at Staples last year we got The Pot. The truth is that they have obviously been meticulous about this tour and have finally all landed on the same page as to what they are comfortable with expressing and sharing with the audience.

Be happy with your experience, wether you sat next to some jerk off or if Adam missed a note or MJK didn't scream his vocal chords out of his throat. Can you imagine doing what he does night after night in your 40's? I think not.

Here's to TOOL for another solid performance. Never a complaint and never a doubt.
This is solidity at it's best. From the band to the crew.

Cheers.
OFFLINE |