View Single Post
Vicenza's Avatar Vicenza
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterileEyes View Post
The good:

The bad:

Tool, jesus, change your fucking setlist already. You've played Southern California 5 times in the past year and a half and have changed out...2 songs the entire time. I don't care that you rely on the lights and have to program everything...let the lights serve you, don't serve the lights, or at least program more than 12songs to last you two years worth of touring. Would it kill you to maybe play "The Grudge" instead of "Schism" or "Eulogy" instead of "46 & 2" once in a while? I know Schism and 46 & 2 rock like nobody's business...but uh, all Tool songs kill in a live setting...

I've seen Queens of the Stone Age that many times and probably got 15 different set changes.

You're one of the best bands in the world. You can try a little harder than playing 95% the same show 200 times in a row. Even the "extended" songs are "extended" the exact same way every time. I know it's cool for the 6,990 out of 7,000 people there who are casual fans and only see you once or twice ever but how do you not get bored playing the same thing every night and being that talented?

That said, I knew what I was getting into when I got the ticket and I'm still grateful for every chance I still get to see them. You never know when it might be the last...
I couldn't agree more. Seeing Tool live is fantastic and I had a blast at the show, but with the exception of Wings, that setlist is DEAD tired, and Schism in particular should be the first to go.

For me, the Lateralus tour was awesome. Different songs peppered here and there, sometimes you got Pushit, and of course a 12 minute thundering Triad. One show I even got Ticks and Leeches. Some of the best times I've ever had.

With this tour, it's the exact songs over and over and over. Come on, Tool. You're just clocking in, clocking out. No surprises at all. For a band of this caliber, with an obvious hardcore following, it frankly bummed me out a bit.

And to boot, now we get like a 10-12 minute light show intermission added, which although cool and creative, I would have happily passed on it without hesitation, had it meant at least one extra damn song. Any body else feel this way??
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterileEyes View Post
The good:

The bad:

Tool, jesus, change your fucking setlist already. You've played Southern California 5 times in the past year and a half and have changed out...2 songs the entire time. I don't care that you rely on the lights and have to program everything...let the lights serve you, don't serve the lights, or at least program more than 12songs to last you two years worth of touring. Would it kill you to maybe play "The Grudge" instead of "Schism" or "Eulogy" instead of "46 & 2" once in a while? I know Schism and 46 & 2 rock like nobody's business...but uh, all Tool songs kill in a live setting...

I've seen Queens of the Stone Age that many times and probably got 15 different set changes.

You're one of the best bands in the world. You can try a little harder than playing 95% the same show 200 times in a row. Even the "extended" songs are "extended" the exact same way every time. I know it's cool for the 6,990 out of 7,000 people there who are casual fans and only see you once or twice ever but how do you not get bored playing the same thing every night and being that talented?

That said, I knew what I was getting into when I got the ticket and I'm still grateful for every chance I still get to see them. You never know when it might be the last...
I couldn't agree more. Seeing Tool live is fantastic and I had a blast at the show, but with the exception of Wings, that setlist is DEAD tired, and Schism in particular should be the first to go.

For me, the Lateralus tour was awesome. Different songs peppered here and there, sometimes you got Pushit, and of course a 12 minute thundering Triad. One show I even got Ticks and Leeches. Some of the best times I've ever had.

With this tour, it's the exact songs over and over and over. Come on, Tool. You're just clocking in, clocking out. No surprises at all. For a band of this caliber, with an obvious hardcore following, it frankly bummed me out a bit.

And to boot, now we get like a 10-12 minute light show intermission added, which although cool and creative, I would have happily passed on it without hesitation, had it meant at least one extra damn song. Any body else feel this way??
OFFLINE |