View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #1596
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Maybe some of us here at T.D.N are a little over-analytical, but sometimes I think Tool just plain sucks at communication.

A lot of people here are treating Danny's injury like the little boy who cried "Wolf!"

Tool always has to be so damn cryptic these days, and they never let their fans in on any information. This is what Tool gets for constantly fucking with their fans. Everyone knows that Maynard generally doesn't give a flying rat's ass about the fans and basically criticizes and chastises the listeners. It's like Tool is frustrated with how people take their music and image. "Come on people! It's just plain cryptic!" is the vibe I get sometimes. They're never down to earth. We've all read the meaning behind 46 & 2. Do you think they'd ever share that in concert? Of course not! They're totally against "sharing" their ideas cause they don't want people to "think" like they do.

So what happens when a member of Tool dies? Well, everyone will probably think it's a joke, and people should just chill out. This is their own creation. Tool cannot tell us something straight-forward and have people take it at face value. There's no down-to-earth side of them that says "Hey, this is really what's going on..."

Maybe I just can't take a joke, but I think it should be a wake-up call for Tool when something really fucked up happens and everyone thinks they're "Oh they're just fucking with our minds like they always do! haha!! Those rascals!" Then it's like "Wow, they said something they actually meant without the cryptaquote double-meaning bullshit."

I certainly hope Danny gets to feeling better, but am I the only one who thinks Tool is sending mixed messages when no one takes anything they say seriously?
OFFLINE |