View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd View Post
Someone mentioned on one of these internet threads somewhere that this is kind of Tool's "rock" album. And the more I think about it, I agree. The image portrayed on this one is much more the "we are a typical rock band" then anything they ever did before. They always give us a show, remember, all we know about them is what they sell us. And right now we are being sold the 80s concert experience, Tool style. The lights, the lasers, encouraging everyone to light the lighters, the all top hits set list. Maynard in his sunglasses and leather jacket, jeans with the big buckled belt and cowboy hat. I don't think that get up is any less a costume than anything else we've seen. If there is a thread about this somewhere, please direct me, I'd like to know if what others think about this…
I agree that it is still a costume, but his costumes would always change back in the day. There was no telling what he would be wearing. I have seen 3 shows this album each with the same "Costume". Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I think it is great, I just miss the random crazy costumes!!! I am starting to get the feeling that this maybe the last tour we get!!! (When they come back in the new year).

"Fuck L. Ron Hubbard"
OFFLINE |