View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #53
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

This was my third TOOL show and the first concert ever where I knew the setlist before hand. I was worried it would take away from the show but thankfully it did no such thing. I was sitting stage left (sec 103) and fairly close. Was almost right in line with Maynard and Danny. I could see all the visuals I needed to see but more importantly had just about the best view of Danny (whom I just watched most of the show). To me it didn't sound like Maynard had been sick only a few days before. The whole band sounded on.

One thing I noticed was that the band seems much relaxed from the last tour. Maybe a little less serious. Not in the performing aspect of course, but more from a vibe standpoint. Maynard joking around a little instead of getting the crowd to "think for themselves" and whatnot. Neither of which I mind at all.

Hightlights for me were "Wings 1 & 2", Rosetta, Lateralus and Aenema. Overall it was a great show. Can't say it was better or worse than the other two I've seen. They're all the best shows in my book.
OFFLINE |