View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 03:15 AM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/27 - Amsterdam, NLD - HMH

Hey,

This was the fifth time I saw the band. Obviously they played very well, they always do. The HMH, the venue they were playing, has amazing sound. I think it's one of the few purpose built pop/rock concert halls in holland. Of all the times i've seen tool, i'd rate this one the lowest. Don't get me wrong, they played brilliantly, but it was just that, 11 brilliant songs. Maybe i'm spoiled, but it felt like a warm-up or try-out concert or something. The visuals during the songs were horrible. Either they just played the musicvideo from start to end, like during stinkfist, or they just had some really simple and amateur looking kaleidoscope thing. A bit like the ones you get with windows media player. For instance, during vicarious the visuals consisted of nothing more that the cover of 10,000 days zooming in, and rotating and zooming out. The only new animation i could recognise was a 3d rendering of the image from the booklet of the guy with the flaming spiral coming out of his navel. It felt like they had the 4 video screens just for the hell of it, because they can.

Anyway, I did enjoy the show, highlights being the altered schism bit and the scream halfway during stinkfist. Looking foreward to seeing them in November,

Pants.
OFFLINE |