View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/27 - Amsterdam, NLD - HMH

Well, I guess this is some news then. Maynard has thought of something new to set the band apart from other "usual" bands.

I just read the reviews of the show in the Czech Republic and noticed that during the show he asked the audience to stop smoking. Obviously starting yesterday he has taken it a little further. He has written a statement that is to be announced by a local speaker just before the start of the show. In this statement he is **pleading** for the audience not to smoke. The statement is announced in both the country’s language as well as English. A few posts ago I posted some of the contence of the announcement.

I highlighted **pleading** because as far as I’m concerned he could have just asked us, but this was quite an emotional request: “If you respect us”, “if you want us to come back again”, “from the bottom of my heart”. But hey, he’s American and I’m Dutch. I don’t like generalizing and it isn’t very important at all but probably us Dutchies do not dramatize things as much.

As far as I know it’s quite unusual to receive a message from a band prior to the start of a show. You can imagine that the hall was silent when the speaker started: “Ladies and gentlemen, this is an announcement from Maynard from Tool…”. I for one for a second was afraid that they were going to cancel the show.

Anybody has a better transcription of the announcement?