View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #25
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/27 - Amsterdam, NLD - HMH

Sorry, but i must put some quotes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirdneh
hmmmmmm...... welcome to the (money) machine.
iow, i'm dissapointed.

i saw the show at pinkpop and thought it was awesome.
now i saw it for the second time and i started wondering about things although the band did their thing almost flawlessly again.

this maynard guy isn't really much of a pleasant guy i think. i saw this mtv interview somewhere on the internet and he was dissing the interviewer. he's so full of him self, it might rub off onto the band. danny was standing next to him, answering questions with an open mind. this guy is genuine and i think the other band members are also. its always maynard that's nowhere to be found if somethings going on.
he thinks he's the uber cool artist or something that has all the wisdom. well, he doesn't.
Maynard doesn't think he's the uber cool artist.. I've been a Tool-fan since the played at Lowlands '93.. And Maynard was more "open" in those days. Like most bands who thank the crowd and jump up and down, Maynard just doesn't.. He makes music for a living.. But i call it art.. And why should an artist talk to you about things? He talks to me through his music. And the interviewer from MTV where yoy referenced about, was a total NOOB..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirdneh
futhermore, the show is way to short... why? some bands give encores till they drop, tool doesnt.
they play their set list and leave. what's so artistic about that. it's rude. so many people come to see them spending more time traveling than the entire show lasts altogether and this is all they get.
sure, there will be another show in... november or something again and sure everybody will dig into their wallets again and like whatever is presented to them. but its wrong.
sure it's all showbusiness... but still.. you wouldn't expect it from tool anybody but tool.
but then again... remember metallica.. famous for not being commercial... once...
it seems to me, every riff is a buck earned these days.
and then i also had this really unpleasant experience, i was standing way back against at the side entrance on top of the seats. i took out my phone and took one picture which showed nothing but a little blurry blue light somewhere in the distance and i got jumped by 2 security guards. they told me: cut it out, "the band" specificly asked us to prevent people from taking pictures.
wtf? why? what's the fucking reason? is tool afraid they will lose money over my cheap ass phone cam? fuck that!

this is the last show i've seen as far as i'm concerned, it's time for new cliche's.
I don't think they can play anymore songs as an encore.. The visuals should be loaded, the extra sounds should be ready on the right moment. Maybe they just CAN'T do any more.

And why would you want to make a picture of TOOL? They put a lot of effort and time in creating a high-mediative enviroment, and they make the rules at there concert.. They don;t want any camera's.

But it's a problem of the security that they are way up the wall about a simple mobile-phone camera..
OFFLINE |