View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 51
Re: 2006/06/27 - Amsterdam, NLD - HMH

Well my first Tool show is now a fact. My gf and I arrived at around 19:20. Windir and I were supposed to meet up BEFORE the show. But after not finding him for 10-15 minutes we decided to get in the venue.

Windir and I had decided earlier that day that we would try to find some seats on the balcony, so me and my gf tried to find him there, to no avail. We got really good seats there though and could see the stage very well. Maynards reaction on us sitting down? "Are you guys stoned, is that why you're sitting down?"

The show began round 20:40 and what a show it was. The sound was amazing.

- Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
It started with the feedback sounding exactly as heard on the album. Super trippy visuals on this one by the way. Justin came on stage first, then Adam. Danny was next and of course Maynard who come on stage as last.

- Rosetta Stoned
A flawless performance on this one. Had goosebumps at the "Overwhelmed as one would be" and the instrumental part before that. They seemed really into it, which was great to see and hear.

- Stinkfist
The extended version of this song kicked every ass that was in HMH last night. Maynard sang some alternate vocals on the "I'll keep digging" part and I couldn't really make out what he was singing.

- Forty Six & 2
I'm a drummer and since this song has one kickasss drumsolo I was waiting for this one. Danny played the solo flawless just as flawless as he played the whole show. The intro on this one is just amazing, love the basslines in this one.

- Jambi
What a performance on this one! The whole intro hits you like a train at full speed especially when the drums and bass come in. Adam's talkbox solo fuckin' rocked. I had goosebumps on the "Damn my eyes if the should compromise a fulcrum...". Maynard sounded amazing on that.

- Schism
A sort of extended version. They played the middle section a lot faster with cool drums. Then played it at normal speed when Maynard sang to it. The ending of this one was amazing. The flaming visuals and Danny's drumming. Gotta love it.

- Intension/Right in Two
Fuck yeah, I was really hoping they'd play this one. And they did! This was just...well I have no words for it. All four really put all their love in this one. Loved Danny's tabla part, Adam's solo was the shit. Maynard sang it perfectly and Justin was rockin' on this one.

- Sober
It had some trippy instrumental which sounded a bit like Merkaba. Then after a few minutes Justin started the intro riff to Sober. The ending of this one was just heaven with some cool sound effects and Maynard sang to ending a little different from the original, which sounded awesome.

- Lateralus
This one beautiful song. Also this one featured the coolest visuals of the whole show just before both the choruses. It was the man with the flaming spiral from the 10,000 Days artwork, anyone noticed this? The ending was even more powerful than it is one the album.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
After Lateralus they all put down their instruments and sat down down for a few minutes and sat down and watched the crowd and talked a bit to eachother. Then they got up and played...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

- Vicarious
This track rocks so much live. The whole ending part kicked massive ass and still can't believe how you can sing something like that. Danny's fills were superb. I don't knew that Adam and Justin played the little part before "Part vampire..." together, that was cool to see.

- Ænema
A great song to end with. This was just a good six minutes pure rocking. It was great to see Justin rock the fuck outta himself on the ending. Before this song or after this song Maynard said that they will probably be back in November, so that is great news for the Dutch persons.

After the show at the merch guess who I met, exactly, Windir! In November we'll have another try at meeting up BEFORE the show, lol. Did someone record this show by the way? I sure hope so. I saw a lot of mobile phones light up during the show so there must be some good pics.

Well that's all folks.

Last edited by Peaceful Moments; 06-27-2006 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: typos
OFFLINE |