View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/01 - Nottingham, UK - Nottingham Arena

That like always was an incredible show! The venue didnt disappoint, which it sometimes does(maybe that is just down to the quality of the musicians playing) and the band playing with incredible energy.
Nice to see we got a dose of maynard in his Orange hoodie, wasn't sure if the gas mask would hinder him or not but he wasn't wearing it anyway.
Adam appears to be getting a little more energetic in his older age and Justin always semms to really enjoy playing on his home turf.
Then there is Danny... God damn! there is not a weak element in the band and everyone has an equal and immense contribution but I am always drawn to him on stage. He was sooo tight, like the whole band of course(i have to say that was probably the tightest I have seen them) and he seems to make everyone a bit emotional whether they be drummers or not.
The set was awesome-I think someone above has it in the right order. Wings & 10,000 days were the only new additions to the set for me and they, like everyone is agreeing were phenomenal. Roseta stoned lacked the energy of previous shows i'd seen it on but no complaints and what an opener stinkfist is!
Last night was made all the more special because of the amount of friends there! It adds to the experience seeing them in your home town, especially when there are so many of your mates there! we were all emotional and Wollaton has never had such a strong presence at a gig!
Now another 6 months to wait at least! The come down after a tool gig is always massive.
Never will another band compete with Tool!!!
OFFLINE |