View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/25 - Sydney, AUS - Olympic Park Showgrounds

Great show - up against sound booth barrier directly behind D-Barrier on the Orange Stage side. Had an almost uninterrupted view of the whole band, (no tall people in front and thankfully no girls on shoulders during Tool) but obviously concentrated on watching Danny Carey go for it. The songs sounded slightly slower that I remember on previous tours, as reflected in previous posts, maybe they had a big night with their solo show? Maybe so that Adam can keep up??
Maynard barely spoke at all, apart from the hippie references mentioned earlier - no prizes as to why he might be saying that! hehehe =Q
Justin really gets into it these days, which is good to see. Enjoyed Maynard's scream during Opiate, as well as his interpretive dance throughout the nite - he was really gettin into it. The general atmosphere was great - the stands looked packed, although I think the Arena was busiest for Killers (played an awesome set) and seemed to clear out slightly after Muse (they rocked out!!) which was great to 'ease the squeeze'. ;) (Did anyone else hear Esky mojo do a cover of U2's "New Year's Day"? It definately made me shut up and turn my head!)
Highlights were Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Opiate (not many people were singing along), Vicarious and the crowd went ballistic during Aenema - learn to swim! The extended jam in Schism certainly adds value to that track.
Can't wait for Wednesday night in the Bowl in Melbourne - have got seats so it will be easier to concentrate on the band instead of having to avoid drunk punters pissing themselves (a chick behind us nearly knocked out a bloke who lacked bladder control - what a moron!) Friends further back on the fenceline saw quite a few fights from crowd jumpers rushing into the D-section, a Big Day Out had by all!
OFFLINE |