View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: NOTHING TO FIGURE OUT NO MEANING TOOL IS YOUR THOUGHTS CREATING THEMSELVES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdynotin View Post
ok the meanings of the songs that "you" hold are only an illusion. And yes the words of the lyrics are "pushed" or selected in a way that anyone can mold them into meaning. but most of the songs talk about nothing that can be applied to thought. The songs are aganist that very "you" : which is just the strugle of thought to control the physical body. "There is no you outside of that.
I'm really failing to see where you're going with this. Tool's songs certainly have meanings, and it's absurd to say that they do not. People's interpretations is what distorts the songs' original meanings.

46 & 2 can be about both gaining two "spiritual chromosomes" and "breaking through." In fact what those two ideas are leading to is the concept of evolution. Evolution is the "catch all" meaning for 46 & 2. Thus, you have two seemingly 'different' interpretations that are both tied to one concept.

Look at Tool's songs as you would your local pool. Some are sun-bathing, others dive in, whereas some go in one toe at a time. The point is, they're all at the same pool just experiencing it in different ways. I'll articulate this analogy to show how I disagree. It's like you're saying, "There is no pool!!" simply because people are experiencing and interpreting it different ways. You must think because there are disagreements and opposition on the meanings, there must not be a meaning in the first place.

If these lyrics come off to you as rather vague then you should invest some time critiquing creative writing, particularly poetry.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote