View Single Post
Levi83
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM

This was the 10th Tool show I've seen and I was skeptical going into it because of the lukewarm reviews I had read of previous shows on this tour, and the familiar setlist.

Man was I surprised to see them put on their best show yet. Absolutely unreal.

We had 303 row J tickets, so JUST left of centre, a great view of the stage. This was by far the loudest show I've seen at the ampitheatre, and always seemed to be the loudest during the climaxes of the songs. Not only was it loud, but it was bassy and CRYSTAL clear. Absolutely perferctly mixed - you could hear every member distinctly. Maynard sounded great and was in good spirits, Danny was unreal as usual, and the whole band sounded as tight as I have ever seen them.

The light show - WOW. 10x better than the last tour, just unreal. Everything just looked really organic. The lasers during Rosetta Stoned that went with the guitar part in the middle was wicked, and the asteroids game on the screen after that part was great. Securtiy was great, I got to smoke the whole concert and not be bothered.

Before seeing this concert, I thought it would probably be my last Tool show for a while. But after seeing this show my faith has been restored in just how great they can be live. Epic, epic stuff in Toronto that night.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

This was the 10th Tool show I've seen and I was skeptical going into it because of the lukewarm reviews I had read of previous shows on this tour, and the familiar setlist.

Man was I surprised to see them put on their best show yet. Absolutely unreal.

We had 303 row J tickets, so JUST left of centre, a great view of the stage. This was by far the loudest show I've seen at the ampitheatre, and always seemed to be the loudest during the climaxes of the songs. Not only was it loud, but it was bassy and CRYSTAL clear. Absolutely perferctly mixed - you could hear every member distinctly. Maynard sounded great and was in good spirits, Danny was unreal as usual, and the whole band sounded as tight as I have ever seen them.

The light show - WOW. 10x better than the last tour, just unreal. Everything just looked really organic. The lasers during Rosetta Stoned that went with the guitar part in the middle was wicked, and the asteroids game on the screen after that part was great. Securtiy was great, I got to smoke the whole concert and not be bothered.

Before seeing this concert, I thought it would probably be my last Tool show for a while. But after seeing this show my faith has been restored in just how great they can be live. Epic, epic stuff in Toronto that night.
OFFLINE |