View Single Post
thebeastfromtheeast
08-08-2009, 06:57 AM

Did anyone else catch the Prison Sex teaser or was I just imagining Adam screwing with us? I think it was towards the latter part of the setlist but I am sure I distinctly heard some sort of pick slide that resembled the Prison Sex intro.

Saw them twice at Copps the last time they came through but I have to give this show the edge. Grabbed lawns for the amphitheater as both Foos and NIN where excellent when I saw them here last. Not having the audience's singing reverberating inside the coliseum but dissipating into the air meant that with the exception of the distortion on RS, all of Maynard's vocals where crystal clear where we stood.

I cannot complain about the setlist as they have played 3 similar lists but seeing RIT, then Flood and now Aenima means that technically speaking I have been fortunate to see 3 different shows.

The type of artistry and all aspects that they cover are nearly non existent nowadays so I will make every effort to see them whenever they are in town. Take it while you can get it because it will be a very sad day when the brilliance that is TOOL decides their days of fun in the sun are over.

5 stars in my book and if the rumour holds true, then I believe Maynard exited very quickly to hit up his usual VIP room at The Brass Rail. The true definition of a Rockstar.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

Did anyone else catch the Prison Sex teaser or was I just imagining Adam screwing with us? I think it was towards the latter part of the setlist but I am sure I distinctly heard some sort of pick slide that resembled the Prison Sex intro.

Saw them twice at Copps the last time they came through but I have to give this show the edge. Grabbed lawns for the amphitheater as both Foos and NIN where excellent when I saw them here last. Not having the audience's singing reverberating inside the coliseum but dissipating into the air meant that with the exception of the distortion on RS, all of Maynard's vocals where crystal clear where we stood.

I cannot complain about the setlist as they have played 3 similar lists but seeing RIT, then Flood and now Aenima means that technically speaking I have been fortunate to see 3 different shows.

The type of artistry and all aspects that they cover are nearly non existent nowadays so I will make every effort to see them whenever they are in town. Take it while you can get it because it will be a very sad day when the brilliance that is TOOL decides their days of fun in the sun are over.

5 stars in my book and if the rumour holds true, then I believe Maynard exited very quickly to hit up his usual VIP room at The Brass Rail. The true definition of a Rockstar.
OFFLINE |