View Single Post
dartman
08-07-2009, 09:12 AM

First time seeing Tool, took my teenager for his birthday (his first time as well). I have been to a lot of venues and shows over the last thirty years, this one had me a bit skeptical since I am relatively new to Tool's music....turned out to be quite honestly one of the finest performances I have ever witnessed. These guys are fantastic - tight, organized, and very talented. The sound was the loudest I have ever heard, but so crystal clear and clean. I was thinking of a way to try to get to Cinncinatti tonight to do it all over again - but that would probably cost me my job. Thanks for the wonderful show, we will see Tool again if you are back out East.

How about a live DVD set ???

A couple of constructive critical comments: 1) The show was advertised as Tool only, but we ended up getting a dose of a band I will not name because they dont deserve the exposure. Had to leave until they were done to save the ears for Tool. 2) I understand waiting for the sun to set (Molson Amp. is an outdoor venue - check it out if you get a chance) to get the show started - makes perfectly good sense to me since the freaking stage show is top notch and requires the darkness. If this is the plan, tell the customer the show starts at 9:00 instead of 7:30. OK - enough whining.

Tool fan for life now - epic expierence. Peace ~
Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #51
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

First time seeing Tool, took my teenager for his birthday (his first time as well). I have been to a lot of venues and shows over the last thirty years, this one had me a bit skeptical since I am relatively new to Tool's music....turned out to be quite honestly one of the finest performances I have ever witnessed. These guys are fantastic - tight, organized, and very talented. The sound was the loudest I have ever heard, but so crystal clear and clean. I was thinking of a way to try to get to Cinncinatti tonight to do it all over again - but that would probably cost me my job. Thanks for the wonderful show, we will see Tool again if you are back out East.

How about a live DVD set ???

A couple of constructive critical comments: 1) The show was advertised as Tool only, but we ended up getting a dose of a band I will not name because they dont deserve the exposure. Had to leave until they were done to save the ears for Tool. 2) I understand waiting for the sun to set (Molson Amp. is an outdoor venue - check it out if you get a chance) to get the show started - makes perfectly good sense to me since the freaking stage show is top notch and requires the darkness. If this is the plan, tell the customer the show starts at 9:00 instead of 7:30. OK - enough whining.

Tool fan for life now - epic expierence. Peace ~
OFFLINE |