View Single Post
PelvicThrust
08-07-2009, 12:13 AM

I've been listening to Tool for years but this was the first successful opportunity I've had to see them live. Had some great seats, 300 section with a perfect view in the center. Not sure how we got in the red section, I just clicked best available. What a great fucking crowd.

My girlfriend and I were even able to share a joint even though we didn't bring anything to smoke. What an incredible venue.

I didn't do any research into the setlist, so for me to hear music from Aenima and Undertow was pretty fucking awesome. I was pretty far gone by the time Flood came on, I barely recognized it, nearly mistaking it for an unreleased new song. I need to put undertow on my stereo more often. I lost my mind when Aenima came on. The concluding image of the band just standing motionless on stage after that song was beautiful. The amphitheater erupted after Aenima. I remember banging my fists so hard into the seats in front of me (the older couple sitting there left pretty early on). I can barely move my pinky as a result lol.

I was not prepared for the encore. Lateralus seems to go on forever and being in that moment of wanting that release is something everyone should experience live.

"To swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human."

Such a smash of energy after those lyrics, was such a treat to see that happen live.

The stage effects were a lot of fun. Asteroids came out of nowhere, and the videos tripped me out more than a couple times.

I'm glad I found this place to fill me in on the shit I forgot / didn't hear over the speakers. Maynard made some funny jokes. Did he say something about bending over our fathers or something to that extent? I laughed at his love of french fries and his admiration of the Canadian turn out.

Great fucking times guys, will be there again for whenever they return to the area.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

I've been listening to Tool for years but this was the first successful opportunity I've had to see them live. Had some great seats, 300 section with a perfect view in the center. Not sure how we got in the red section, I just clicked best available. What a great fucking crowd.

My girlfriend and I were even able to share a joint even though we didn't bring anything to smoke. What an incredible venue.

I didn't do any research into the setlist, so for me to hear music from Aenima and Undertow was pretty fucking awesome. I was pretty far gone by the time Flood came on, I barely recognized it, nearly mistaking it for an unreleased new song. I need to put undertow on my stereo more often. I lost my mind when Aenima came on. The concluding image of the band just standing motionless on stage after that song was beautiful. The amphitheater erupted after Aenima. I remember banging my fists so hard into the seats in front of me (the older couple sitting there left pretty early on). I can barely move my pinky as a result lol.

I was not prepared for the encore. Lateralus seems to go on forever and being in that moment of wanting that release is something everyone should experience live.

"To swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human."

Such a smash of energy after those lyrics, was such a treat to see that happen live.

The stage effects were a lot of fun. Asteroids came out of nowhere, and the videos tripped me out more than a couple times.

I'm glad I found this place to fill me in on the shit I forgot / didn't hear over the speakers. Maynard made some funny jokes. Did he say something about bending over our fathers or something to that extent? I laughed at his love of french fries and his admiration of the Canadian turn out.

Great fucking times guys, will be there again for whenever they return to the area.
OFFLINE |