View Single Post
Semi-Fiction's Avatar Semi-Fiction
08-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Buckingham View Post
His name is Jeff - and he's Adam's guitar tech. Had a few drinks with him on the Monday before the Kingston show - I'm the doorman at a bar, and he was the firt guy to walk in. Had a real nice time chatting with him - he even put me on Tool's guestlist for the Kingston show - really nice guy - and awesome to see him rock out 46&2 :)

Also, pretty sure it wasn't Adam playing. It's not lip synching here guys, it's a live show. Doesn`t work that way. .
Not to argue, but I'm positive it was Adam playing the song.

a) I was on the floor, with a perfect view of what was going on
b) I play guitar, and I know how the song is played
c) He was clearly pretending to be playing the bass line while adam (backstage or whatever) was hitting the chords during the intro/first verse... as well as the minimal notes during the "I'm down, digging through, my old muscles, for a clue" part.
d) During the drum solo, he didn't even attempt to pretend to look like he's using the wah wah pedal for the part at the end of the solo.
e) The "I choose to live and to, lie, steal and... etc." part requires a sliding motion going down the neck to do the riff... his hand was in one spot.
f) He was holding Adam's backup guitar.
g) No sign of him clicking on/off the delay pedal(s) during the intro chords.
h) No sign of using the volume knob for the chord swells in the intro, or for kicking up the volume for the choruses.

I know it's a live show... and it shouldn't work that way, but you also gotta realize that it's not likely that the lead singer of a band would leave halfway through a song to get french fries and take his clothes off (which happened to be a cop's uniform). It's not just a live show, it's Tool!

-Michael
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #41
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Buckingham View Post
His name is Jeff - and he's Adam's guitar tech. Had a few drinks with him on the Monday before the Kingston show - I'm the doorman at a bar, and he was the firt guy to walk in. Had a real nice time chatting with him - he even put me on Tool's guestlist for the Kingston show - really nice guy - and awesome to see him rock out 46&2 :)

Also, pretty sure it wasn't Adam playing. It's not lip synching here guys, it's a live show. Doesn`t work that way. .
Not to argue, but I'm positive it was Adam playing the song.

a) I was on the floor, with a perfect view of what was going on
b) I play guitar, and I know how the song is played
c) He was clearly pretending to be playing the bass line while adam (backstage or whatever) was hitting the chords during the intro/first verse... as well as the minimal notes during the "I'm down, digging through, my old muscles, for a clue" part.
d) During the drum solo, he didn't even attempt to pretend to look like he's using the wah wah pedal for the part at the end of the solo.
e) The "I choose to live and to, lie, steal and... etc." part requires a sliding motion going down the neck to do the riff... his hand was in one spot.
f) He was holding Adam's backup guitar.
g) No sign of him clicking on/off the delay pedal(s) during the intro chords.
h) No sign of using the volume knob for the chord swells in the intro, or for kicking up the volume for the choruses.

I know it's a live show... and it shouldn't work that way, but you also gotta realize that it's not likely that the lead singer of a band would leave halfway through a song to get french fries and take his clothes off (which happened to be a cop's uniform). It's not just a live show, it's Tool!

-Michael
OFFLINE |